Military Camp

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I hear ya. I had a friend and fellow officer whose wife and new baby died. He never went back home. Others packed up a few things and stored them for him.

If my wife dies I'm not sure I'd be able to stay here anymore.

It's funny how loss affects us. Some cant let stuff go, some cant look at it again.

Sorry for your loss. Memories are the most precious things we collect in our lives.
    That's what happened to me. After my fiancee died of cancer I got on every TDY I could get on. So for a year and a half I was away from home more than I was home. It wasn't that I felt it was haunted, but I had a very hard time trying to change anything, and any sound in the house would make me look for her, which would immediately remind me of my lose. My health and my lack of taking care of the house and yard diminished to the point I felt that had to get away. I miss that house greatly, but it was never my house, it was our house.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Everyone handles grief differently.

I came close three years ago of losing my own wife. Being that close to the death of a spouse brings a lot of things into clarity and perspective. That year her getting her treatments it was like walking around with a dread in your gut all the time.

I tell her all the time I love her, and how much she means to me. Even if she's just going on quick trip to the store for a couple things. God forbid, if something did happen to her, I want those three words to be the last thing she remembers me saying to her.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom