8D469EB8-962D-439E-84D1-F6F533EA238C.jpeg

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Morning.....After-holiday Monday is the worst Monday....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Most definitely.

6 of my 9 days off were spent with my MIL with Alzheimer’s. Here is an example of the mental stress that is. Yesterday morning between 7:45-8:45, I was asked 15 times about how my parents are doing, if they are traveling, about my siblings, about my kids and the ages of my grandkids. Each. 15 TIMES EACH. I kept a tally. That is in addition to 3 times about my grandmother who died in 2010 and twice about my wife’s niece and her family.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Most definitely.

6 of my 9 days off were spent with my MIL with Alzheimer’s. Here is an example of the mental stress that is. Yesterday morning between 7:45-8:45, I was asked 15 times about how my parents are doing, if they are traveling, about my siblings, about my kids and the ages of my grandkids. Each. 15 TIMES EACH. I kept a tally. That is in addition to 3 times about my grandmother who died in 2010 and twice about my wife’s niece and her family.
    That disease is a terrible one......

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Any problems can be worked out. Spend as much time with her as you can. TIME FLYS BY.
    I didn't find it really a problem, just funny. She decided I needed new clothes, that mine were to big or holy and then any time I picked up a shirt she held it up to my chest and would then announce yup it will fit. :facepalm: I love that woman to death but I guess she thinks after all these years of dressing myself I still can't. lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Alzheimer's Disease is hard on the person that is afflicted with it, but it is almost as equally hard on the family and friends.

I have lost several family members to Alzheimer's, including my grandmother in 2009.

The saddest part, and the hardest, is watching someone turn into someone that you don't recognize anymore, and that they can't remember who you are anymore.

Unlike cancer, if detected early enough, it's survival rate has gotten way better, there are no drugs or cures for Alzheimer's Disease yet.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Alzheimer's Disease is hard on the person that is afflicted with it, but it is almost as equally hard on the family and friends.

I have lost several family members to Alzheimer's, including my grandmother in 2009.

The saddest part, and the hardest, is watching someone turn into someone that you don't recognize anymore, and that they can't remember who you are anymore.

Unlike cancer, if detected early enough, it's survival rate has gotten way better, there are no drugs or cures for Alzheimer's Disease yet.
    My great Aunt who served in WW2 ended up with Alzheimer's; she went from being this crazy self-assured woman who loved telling stories to not knowing who we were or where she was. They had to put her in a home for Alzheimer's patients because she kept calling the cops on her daughter, saying the kid napped her....

Top Bottom