• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The roller coaster continues.

Back in the hospital due to a bleeding emergency last night. Emergency surgery. Yea.

At the Dr office yesterday, badness from pathology. 11 nodes actually had cancer in them. He took out 36.

He reiterated that the pet scan showed nothing anywhere else and theses nodes didn't look bad when they came out.

Still bad news.

Next dental work after a couple weeks of healing the radiation and chemo. Up and down we go. Good news bad news changing prognosis.

I guess we will know more after chemo and radiation. Then another pet scan.

It would still take a couple years to kill me i guess if that's the result. I'm not really sick or losing weight or anything like that. If we wernt dealing with the tonsil last year no one would know I had the other stuff.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The roller coaster continues.

Back in the hospital due to a bleeding emergency last night. Emergency surgery. Yea.

At the Dr office yesterday, badness from pathology. 11 nodes actually had cancer in them. He took out 36.

He reiterated that the pet scan showed nothing anywhere else and theses nodes didn't look bad when they came out.

Still bad news.

Next dental work after a couple weeks of healing the radiation and chemo. Up and down we go. Good news bad news changing prognosis.

I guess we will know more after chemo and radiation. Then another pet scan.

It would still take a couple years to kill me i guess if that's the result. I'm not really sick or losing weight or anything like that. If we wernt dealing with the tonsil last year no one would know I had the other stuff.
    Well, dang. Sorry to hear that.
    But you have a good attitude and that's gotta be at least half the battle.
    Prayers for healing.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    It's called Coroplast, readily available at sign shops or cheaper at plastics retailers. Wouldn't a vinyl liner be better?

ETA: coroplast is not "heavy gauge paper". I should learn to read more gooder :(
    Thanks Coiled,
    They offer it in 2 millimeter thickness that might just be thin enough. I will have to check them out a little further. Thanks again. You also mentioned vinyl I didn’t even think about maybe a piece of pond liner.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Howdy

Still trying to figure out how to Fabricate a drain tray for the water heater to sit in in case/when it leaks. Something like heavy gauge paper that’s waterproof, think of a Chinese takeout container.
    Why fab one when $12 gets you one ready to go with a drain already installed?

74dd10dc82cd32dbe07b5bf0480faf21.jpg

If 24” diameter is too big, go to Tractor Supply and look at 1-3 gal metal feed pans.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Howdy

Why fab one when $12 gets you one ready to go with a drain already installed?

74dd10dc82cd32dbe07b5bf0480faf21.jpg

If 24” diameter is too big, go to Tractor Supply and look at 1-3 gal metal feed pans.
    The area under the sink is 12.5 inches wide, the water heater is 12.3 inches wide. It is sort of like fitting 10 pounds of you know what in a 5 pound sack. @Coiled suggested corroplast, which comes in 2mm thicknesses or vinyl (like pond liner). These ideas might work. I might also look at getting a thin sheet of metal HVAC ducting and folding a tray up myself.

Oh the joys of custom work…

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The area under the sink is 12.5 inches wide, the water heater is 12.3 inches wide. It is sort of like fitting 10 pounds of you know what in a 5 pound sack. @Coiled suggested corroplast, which comes in 2mm thicknesses or vinyl (like pond liner). These ideas might work. I might also look at getting a thin sheet of metal HVAC ducting and folding a tray up myself.

Oh the joys of custom work…

With those dimensions, I’d likely just buy some 32ga joist lining cut it oversize, and press form it into place or even spray it with something like flex seal.

Go easy early.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom