• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Surprisingly little vacuum is needed to crumple tanks.
    Same with positive pressure.
    Many tanks and vessels aren't constructed to hold pressure or vacuum. They usually have a pressure/vacuum release valve. Some do not.
    Happens fairly regularly in the chemical handling industry.
    Lynx Defense

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Surprisingly little vacuum is needed to crumple tanks.
    Same with positive pressure.
    Many tanks and vessels aren't constructed to hold pressure or vacuum. They usually have a pressure/vacuum release valve. Some do not.
    Happens fairly regularly in the chemical handling industry.

Don't put a vacuum on a compressed air tank either. Some idjit did that at work one time - made quite a bang when it collapsed.

oh - Morning.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Lucky you. I have 1 more trip to East Texas next week, then I’m off till next year. I will be somewhat on call for tech assists though.

Eckolancer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Plano
    829868ad418c319c19b8dc6a1fbffd32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    PREACHER in ARKANSAS
    An old country preacher had a teenage son, and it was getting time the boy should give some thought to choosing a profession. Like many young men his age, the boy didn't really know what he wanted to do, and he didn't seem too concerned about it. One day, while the boy was away at school, his father decided to try an experiment. He went into the boy's room and placed on his study table four objects:

1. A Bible.
    2. A silver dollar.
    3. A bottle of whiskey.
    4. A Playboy magazine.

'I'll just hide behind the door," the old preacher said to himself. "When he comes home from school today, I'll see which object he picks up.
    "If it's the Bible, he's going to be a preacher like me, and what a blessing that would be.
    "If he picks up the dollar, he's going to be a business man, and that would be okay, too.
    "But if he picks up the bottle, he's going to be a no-good drunken bum, and Lord, what a shame that would be.
    "And worst of all, if he picks up the magazine, he'll be a womanizer all his life!"

The old man waited anxiously, and soon heard his son's foot-steps as he entered the house whistling and heading for his room. The boy tossed his books on the bed, and as he turned to leave the room he spotted the objects on the table. With curiosity in his eye, he walked over to inspect them.

Finally, he picked up the Bible and placed it under his arm. He picked up the silver dollar and dropped into his pocket. He uncorked the bottle and took a big drink, while he admired the magazine's centerfold.

"Lord have mercy," the old preacher disgustedly whispered. "He's gonna run for Congress."

Top Bottom