• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ever since I got out in 2010, I've been telling the VA I have knee and lower back issues. My right knee finally went to shit in December while i was trying to move furniture, and just a month ago the doc finally agreed to send me to rehab. Up until now it's been Motrin, Tramadol, some weird cream that I think is a placebo, and a knee brace - since basically the military.

I was pissed going into the rehab because my knee wasn't acting up, despite all the lunges I did trying to get it to act up again. I'm used to the VA where if you're not in pain, there's not much they will do.
    This guy still was able to see that it's jacked up anyways!! My right hip is stiff, my knee is stiff, my ankle is stiff, and my foot arches are about gone. All the stiff joints are compared to my left side, by the way. I didn't even know this until he showed me. Then he shows me that my entire lower leg bone is off center - my fucking leg has been out of alignment all these years, and all the VA has been able to do is toss some meds at it and put my knee in a brace!

The whole appointment was an hour, and he got my leg re-aligned, showed me some great exercises to work on my knees and even gave me some exercises to work on bringing back my arch support. I didn't know you COULD bring back your foot arches! The VA and military always told me all I could do is wear arch supports in my shoes. Apparently those shoe arch supports don't do anything to strengthen your foot arch because they allow your foot to get lazy if you're not exercising your foot right. Again - I never knew that.

So, what i was expecting to be a consult actually turned into a productive meeting that im looking forward to seeing the progress from.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Ever since I got out in 2010, I've been telling the VA I have knee and lower back issues. My right knee finally went to shit in December while i was trying to move furniture, and just a month ago the doc finally agreed to send me to rehab. Up until now it's been Motrin, Tramadol, some weird cream that I think is a placebo, and a knee brace - since basically the military.

I was pissed going into the rehab because my knee wasn't acting up, despite all the lunges I did trying to get it to act up again. I'm used to the VA where if you're not in pain, there's not much they will do.
    This guy still was able to see that it's jacked up anyways!! My right hip is stiff, my knee is stiff, my ankle is stiff, and my foot arches are about gone. All the stiff joints are compared to my left side, by the way. I didn't even know this until he showed me. Then he shows me that my entire lower leg bone is off center - my fucking leg has been out of alignment all these years, and all the VA has been able to do is toss some meds at it and put my knee in a brace!

The whole appointment was an hour, and he got my leg re-aligned, showed me some great exercises to work on my knees and even gave me some exercises to work on bringing back my arch support. I didn't know you COULD bring back your foot arches! The VA and military always told me all I could do is wear arch supports in my shoes. Apparently those shoe arch supports don't do anything to strengthen your foot arch because they allow your foot to get lazy if you're not exercising your foot right. Again - I never knew that.

So, what i was expecting to be a consult actually turned into a productive meeting that im looking forward to seeing the progress from.

Sounds like some good news. Now the work begins.....

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I never could figure out why commands didn't bring in licensed physical therapists to train troops on proper PT, and what the reasoning is behind each exercise. For my commands, it was always "weeeellllll, I feel like we should do this as a group cause that's what someone else had me do...". I never could get a straight answer on what exactly a "dirty dog" (random example) was accomplishing - or why we were doing up downs.

Don't even get me started on their lousy excuses for nutritionists. They're garbage - every last one I spoke to from boot camp to the VA.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    d3aacdbe35a4d024dfd24ad7d57c4966.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom