• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I know there has to be some carpenters on here. Because this needs to happen.

bb-5bd538d8ae218.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Gotta go to the office and finish grading mid terms. I'll be heading to Atlanta a week from today for Fabtech and need to have all my grading done before I go. If I could just keep from getting a headache from trying to read their writing.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Gotta go to the office and finish grading mid terms. I'll be heading to Atlanta a week from today for Fabtech and need to have all my grading done before I go. If I could just keep from getting a headache from trying to read their writing.
    Tell them to write reading instead of writing so you can read it.
    Simple.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Writing? Why don’t you just have them run a bead?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I remember those. Stick weld butt ends. Then the shop teacher would stick it in a vice and hit with a shop hammer. It'd snap the weld in half.

Seeing that. I ran a bead on both sides. The teacher didn't see the second bead. Stuck it in a vice and started swinging. Mine bent over. Surprised, he looks it over. "You welded the other side".

Passed the course.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I remember those. Stick weld butt ends. Then the shop teacher would stick it in a vice and hit with a shop hammer. It'd snap the weld in half.

Seeing that. I ran a bead on both sides. The teacher didn't see the second bead. Stuck it in a vice and started swinging. Mine bent over. Surprised, he looks it over. "You welded the other side".

Passed the course.
    A break test isn't meant to test the strength of the bead, it's meant to show how good a bead ties into the base metal.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    A break test isn't meant to test the strength of the bead, it's meant to show how good a bead ties into the base metal.

Yes Sir. At the time we didn't know why he was snapping them and then looking closely at the sections.

He made me go back and do it again. No welding the back. I got pretty good at it. For a stick welder.

Best Man I ever knew. His name was Mr Grimm. I have lots of respect for shop teachers.

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    I just got sewing lessons today to learn to make my own curtains. Not as hard as I thought, but still a lot to learn.
    ...........I feel like such a girl.........

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom