• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ouch, hope he's alright.
    Yeah stone/tile & soap & water dont mix too well.
    Thanks man.... yeah he's back to raising hell.

Dumba$$'s blade cut the tile for the cap on the footing. Stupid sharp edge. Wife and I been saying for 2yrs now... "someone is gonna slip and cut their head open." Well.. it happened. I should have listened to that small voice inside.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad he’s ok. Wouldn’t a rubber mat in the bottom of the shower be easier?
    It's my fault. He tripped on my foot, then slipped and hit his head. The footing needs a bullnose. We don't like the shower design. So, we've lost our minds and revamping the shower.

I enjoy tile work. We'll see what happens. upload_2019-2-24_0-7-10.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-24_0-7-10.jpeg
      upload_2019-2-24_0-7-10.jpeg
      4.1 KB · Views: 154

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    My boy slipped in the shower and cut his head open. Last straw on the camel's back from the POS builder and his POS subs. Time to hit the reset button and do it correctly.

View attachment 163798

View attachment 163791 View attachment 163794

I recall my first boy falling off a toy motorcycle when he was about 18 months old (12 Stitches). At 14 years old he ruptured his spleen jumping a dirt bike off a hill at a local strip pit. Enlisted in the USMC at 17 years old. ARS, Jump School at Ft. Benning, three tours in the Mediterranean. Discharged and does three years in the National Guard. Contracts with the US Army for Helicopter Flight School at Ft. Rucker but discharged after around two years for knee problems incurred in USMC with only 6 hours training remaining and after passing Instrument Certification because the C/O refused to allow PT in the Base Pool per Army Regulations. Working while going to college and with a Wife, two children and paying Child Support for another, he completed BS in Business at OU in three years. Then completes an MBA from Rice several years later. Now is part owner of businesses in Alabama and Florida. Recently obtained Florida Contractors Licenses for Hazardous Containment, General Contractor License and other stuff I can’t remember. I’m not proud of him.....I’m in awe. I have another son (same Mom), but his life is a self imposed tragedy. Best of luck with that boy! That picture brought back a lot of memories.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Thanks man.... yeah he's back to raising hell.

Dumba$$'s blade cut the tile for the cap on the footing. Stupid sharp edge. Wife and I been saying for 2yrs now... "someone is gonna slip and cut their head open." Well.. it happened. I should have listened to that small voice inside.
    You can sand stone or tile and smooth out the edges. Regular sandpaper works.

Put it back together and try that.

Good luck and show us the progress.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Mornin all...damn SCADA called and woke me up for nothin...dangit.

Hate to see this....stupid sharp edge.

Life lessons 102...ALWAYS listen to that little voice.

The footing needs a bullnose. We don't like the shower design.
    Did tile a long time ago in a different lifetime. FIL did it for 50 years. That top cap shouldve been TWO piece. Center joint with the factory finished (slightly radius'd) edge outwards. Or like you said, slam some real bullnose on there.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    You're doing it wrong.
    The ringing is the voice of my secret friend telling me I am alive. When it no longer talks to me, it's because I just died.
    Some of us are optimists, some pessimists. ;)

Unfortunately those of us with the condition can't compare our experience on a 1-1 level but mine is bad, really bad!

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    My boy slipped in the shower and cut his head open. Last straw on the camel's back from the POS builder and his POS subs. Time to hit the reset button and do it correctly.

View attachment 163798
    Pfft, kids are resilient, even the girlie ones. :p

Was giving my 4yo daughter a horsey ride (I'm on all 4s) and bucked throwing her into the footboard splitting her noggin just about where your son took it. A few stitches and months of applying some kinda cream to prevent scarring and now it's just one of life's many memories.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I think the kids were coached but replied quickly and well spoken to DF's comments.
    I think it's funny watching Libs in training argue with a Queen Lib.
    DF was condescending as hell and blew a teachable moment.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some of us are optimists, some pessimists. ;)

Unfortunately those of us with the condition can't compare our experience on a 1-1 level but mine is bad, really bad!
    Once while getting reamed by H.R. @ work about my attitude I mentioned there were optimist & pessimist and that was all part of diversity in the workplace. The look on the H.R. chicks face earned her a good laugh in her face!

Top Bottom