Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...my schedule keeps not lining up with Tomball Gun Club's few public days. ...
    Tell me more. I thought the only public days at Tomball were for competitions. Do they ever open to the public for any other purpose?

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Tell me more. I thought the only public days at Tomball were for competitions. Do they ever open to the public for any other purpose?

When I look at the calendar, I see assume the entries "Rimfire Benchrest" and "Pistol" are competitions. They do have dates on the calendar marked "Match" but they are very few and far between.

I just shot off an email asking when competitions are. I will update here when/if I get a response.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When I look at the calendar, I see assume the entries "Rimfire Benchrest" and "Pistol" are competitions. They do have dates on the calendar marked "Match" but they are very few and far between.

I just shot off an email asking when competitions are. I will update here when/if I get a response.
    You've got it right. The "Rimfire Benchrest" and "Pistol" days are competitions. The ones marked as "Matches" are usually their big centerfire benchrest dates.

One of these days I'm going to have to get over there for a pistol match. I have no idea what kind of shooting they do but, whatever it is, I'll give it a go since it's by far the closest outdoor range of good quality for me.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    You've got it right. The "Rimfire Benchrest" and "Pistol" days are competitions. The ones marked as "Matches" are usually their big centerfire benchrest dates.

One of these days I'm going to have to get over there for a pistol match. I have no idea what kind of shooting they do but, whatever it is, I'll give it a go since it's by far the closest outdoor range of good quality for me.

The next public match is in 3.5 weeks, funnily enough a pistol Match. I'm hoping to go that Sunday as I likely won't be able to make another match until June.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I'm updating the picture that shows on the taptalk thread preview. I'm tired of seeing Alexrex's cultural appropriation.

3ee0ea9c2b7dbd6ef20c645315920e2a.jpg

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Tomball Gun Club's weekend matches are open to the public. Looks as if the next one is May 15th, a pistol match. Sadly, I have never attended one yet. If memory serves me correctly pistol matches include a combination of twenty-two and center fire at ranges up to fifty yards.

The web-site has a calendar listing match days:
    http://www.tgcwebsite.com/index.html

macidcrook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    Magnolia
    What do they mean by "match"? like bullseye/target, steel, poppers? I see alot of the ranges have "matches" but they don't describe what they are.

Top Bottom