Obama Exhaustion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hobie Dog, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Hobie Dog

Hobie Dog Member

Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    I tried watching TV this weekend. Even the HGTV channels were talking about this crap. "What will Michelle (aka: Jackie O II) wear for the big event, for example. The music channels are focused on the celebrities. After the campaign he is reaching across the isle. 1 registered republican celebrity out of 100. Garth Brooks??? Wow, am I tired of this garbage already. Shouldn't this clown have to prove that he can do something other than lobby for the most corrupt city in America (next to D.C.) before we put every medal in the book on him? They are already talking about a new holiday after MLK day. He is already talking about rewriting the "Declaration of Independence". My prediction is this is just to break us in gently to the idea of rewriting the "Constitution".

I've been wrong before but not on anything of importance. Guess we will have to watch.

2. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Even AFN is becoming insufferable.

I'm looking forward to things settling down.

3. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    It won't end soon enough... after I got used to the idea that he got elected it turned into me ranting about how the inauguration wouldn't happen soon enough so I could stop hearing all this propaganda.

I yearn for his first political screw up, then people could stop looking at him like he is some sort of messiah.

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Glad to see this thread/ I thought it was just me.

5. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'm tired of the inaugural crap too, especially since it's costing so friggen much, but it's the first one in while that is someone not already in office or someone very familiar. But I can't say I ever paid very close attention to that part anyway.

And if you look at it, like the fact that HBO has exclusive rights to the concert footage, since this time around is so different, the media is taking every advantage to exploit it. There's a lot of money being made off of it.

Oh and for the paranoid, and a chuckle, Obama has already had a replacement statue for the Lincoln Memorial made. It's the secret reason for the festivities being held there yesterday. It's of Malcom X and it will be renamed as well. Later in the year he'll seize all of our cash assets and redistribute to those who don't want to work as well as issue our serial numbers. :rofl:

6. Hobie Dog

Hobie Dog Member

Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
  7. Vellcrow

Vellcrow Active Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    He has infiltrated comic books now...Amazing Spider Man #583 was sold out everwhere since Obama is in it.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10686

What else will "The One" be associated with now? Yes, I am more than sick of the Obama-craze.

8. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    But he can't do anything wrong and the media wouldn't let that happen. You saw how quickly things were hushed up about BHO's involvement with old Blago.

How quickly did the media turn Kenn Starr into the villain with all of the Clinton escapades?

When BHO starts screwing around on his wife, the only news outlet to report it will be ESPN and that will just be to reinforce his street cred.

So for the inauguration do I drink a fine single malt 15 year, or a quart of malt liquor? Decisions, decisions...

9. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Did anyone see the interview on Greta Live with Newt Gengrich? They talked a bit about the Office and its importance rather than the person taking the office (especially in regards to power). It's pretty subtle but I found it oddly comforting and offering a hint of patience on my part.

10. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Luckily, I can maintain my palette and street cred by drinking Spaten. It's a decent German beer, yet is labeled "Malt liquor" on the bottle. :happy0001: