• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullgator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Houston TX
    #6: I would be the background check will apply to both the buyer and the seller?
    Mental Health issues. What is private and where does it stop and start. Will anyone ever having taking a depressant be considered unstable? I saw an excellent opportunity that "The Fast & Furious Issues" to get out in the open again and get resolved.
    Lynx Defense

Huntsman52

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    San Antonio
    Most of what I see is the allowance to spend additional money....Start this, incentive that, appoint someone else....Who know's how much money could be tacked on to each on of these 23 deals. Who pay's? Tax payers. I wonder what type of measures will be taken for the mental health?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    #6 is not an executive order prohibiting private sales of firearms. It is a letter of recommendation to the BATFE to inform FFLs they can encourage transfers with NICS checks

NITROFISH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I hope this will bring down the gouged prices of AR's. He did mention something about "IMPORTED" assault weapons, which is AK's and SKS's?

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    If Stated reasons don't stand up to logic, look at the unstated

Here's a couple of blog posts that are well thought out, and at least made me think.

First is about the 23 E. actions:
    Obama Confesses Momentary Defeat « Mark America

The second makes sense if taken with a view of the last 20 to 50 years, having watched things for my 55 years:
    The Real Motive For Going After “Assault Weapons†« Mark America

What to do when things are marketed as scary, to people who only see what is on their tube from the couch, and do not think critically about it outside their TV vision (related to tunnel vision, but worse), and soundbite listening habits (related to selective hearing, but worse).

We need to always watch the other hand.

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    obama_finger_nrrw.jpg lol

SublimeZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Austin
    Here's a couple of blog posts that are well thought out, and at least made me think.

First is about the 23 E. actions:
    Obama Confesses Momentary Defeat « Mark America

The second makes sense if taken with a view of the last 20 to 50 years, having watched things for my 55 years:
    The Real Motive For Going After “Assault Weapons†« Mark America

What to do when things are marketed as scary, to people who only see what is on their tube from the couch, and do not think critically about it outside their TV vision (related to tunnel vision, but worse), and soundbite listening habits (related to selective hearing, but worse).

We need to always watch the other hand.

Thanks for those links. I never connected the AWB with Waco.

rugerfanwf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I fear that it is going to take a revoluton to get our government back to where it needs to be.I hope and pray that it never comes to that.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    It will eventually as long as the gun grabbing liberals dont knock it off with their shenanigans for gun control laws

I think that very effort would be the catalyst. I think the citizens have put up with quite a bit over the last several decades (namely the past 4 years). I think there are a lot more people who will not stand for their shenanigans than the media would have you believe. So I don't think they stand a chance of ever getting a British or Australian type ban/confiscation happening here. Just don't see it happening. I truly see states leaving the Union before they will allow that. Instead, what I think is more likely, is that it'll be a bunch of back door trickery, mostly dealing with the reclassifying of certain firearms, banning of importation of anything related, and insane taxing on all things related to firearms. Though the taxing thing may push people over the edge, too, I suspect it'll be their attempts to slowly dry up ammo and such. Knowing them, they'll probably make you have to have a license to reload your own stuff, too. :(

I hope and pray that it never comes to a conflict, and that these anti-American politicians around the country get the big boot. But given the republican's record lately of nominees, I suspect that we'll face similar, albeit not as severe, problems next time around.

rugerfanwf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lets invite all the other progun states to join the Republic of Texas. Imagine what that map would look like.

graveytrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Central Texas
    Hello, I am new here and just happen to pick this thread. Has anybody heard of the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act that several state legislators introduced recently?

Top Bottom