obama's daughter

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
If she wants to be around her father, then no I don't care.

If someone wants to use her to make a political point, now that is a very different story.

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
I guess I'm lucky that I don't have daughters. I'm stuck in a time warp, cause this doesn't seem right, or good, to me. She's a kid, on a presidential trip, from fingernail polish to the peace sign, to everything else, it bothers a grumpy goat like me.

[/img]

cuate

Well-Known
Jan 27, 2009
Comanche Co., Texas
D, I contest the words, President's Daughter. I have never considered him other than a foreign impostor with no legitimate proof of American born Citizenship. He went to an American College under the name of Barry Soetero from some other country.

But I always enjoy your informative posts and choice of words, keep 'em coming !

navyguy

TGT Addict
Oct 22, 2008
DFW Keller
I guess we'd need to go back to JFK to compare a president who had small children. I can't recall JFK's kids on trips, and if they were, they were not making any fashion or political statements. Of course that's a different time, and news coverages was minuscule as compared to today.

I'm all for laying off kids in the political arena, but if they do voice opinions, they become fair game in my book. (Not saying wearing a stupid T shirt is a political statement though)

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
Well I'm sure it's a fun trip/treat for them to travel. I don't think it should be done on official business, on my tab. I don't recall the US Navy allowing me to travel with my DH when he went to foreign lands on deployment or TAD.

That said, why is a daughter there and SoS Clinton is home on these big foreign trips?

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
I'm all for laying off kids in the political arena, but if they do voice opinions, they become fair game in my book. (Not saying wearing a stupid T shirt is a political statement though)
Same here, I hope I didn't come off as bashing her. I think it showed bad judgement on her parent's part as parents and politicians.

zembonez

TGT Addict
Feb 22, 2008
Republic of Texas
I think it's rather normal for a young girl to be somewhat liberal in thought. The peace sign shirt has become pretty mainstream these days and has very little impact. In a nutshell I see nothing wrong with it.

This does NOT mean I sympathize (or agree politically) in any way with her globe trotting father.

UH...

NO.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man