• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    You're going by the video alone; there was more to this story that didn't get on camera. The shot in the air and the report that he had pointed the weapon at other people happened BEFORE the video started. Now, I'm not going to believe the "reports" of a weapon being pointed at someone as a direct threat on that persons life; it's just a "report"; but I"m sure as hell not going to discount it either. Bottom line is this; you're spewing from the mouth and no fucking clue as to what real world decision making is all about; these cops handled themselves very well.
    Really? I, as a former LEO, have no idea of real world decision making? Ya, right.

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    Really? I, as a former LEO, have no idea of real world decision making? Ya, right.

i highly doubt a former LEO would make such a rush decision that the cops involved were MURDERERS which is clearly what your post stated. A former LEO would hopefully not make such rash decisions on a forum, let alone in the real world.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    i highly doubt a former LEO would make such a rush decision that the cops involved were MURDERERS which is clearly what your post stated. A former LEO would hopefully not make such rash decisions on a forum, let alone in the real world.
    You have the right to your opinion, and opinions are like assholes: everyone has them and they all stink. If you knew anything about law enforcement you'd know that police are trained to assess the situation and make a snap decision, and it better be right.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Is a person hauling butt down the highway threatening people by their actions too? Should the police summarily execute them for it?

No, but the guy was shooting a gun, not driving. If the guy was driving attempting to hit people, yes. The guy wasn't executed, he was shot while firing his weapon downtown and pointing it at people. I cannot understand how You say he was executed, or the police are murderers. What do You think the should have done? Monitor him? If he kills someone then act after the fact?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Good! I guess there's the reason ya'll aren't cops.
    Well I am a cop, and everyone on this thread has it right except you. Perhaps the laws in Texas are far different than in Tennessee. But having people with your mindset on a jury is why people hesitate to use deadly force when it is warranted. they are afraid someone who is WAY off base will find them liable when they were completely justified.
    In Texas this is a good shoot 7 days a week.
    The cops weren't acting as executioners. They were protecting the public from a lunatic with a rifle who had demonstrated that he wasn't fraid to use it.
    You can attack the police for many things, but this aint oneof them. Hats off to HPD.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    So you are saying that it would be ok to kill him before he committed any crime??

Don't know if he was illegally carrying the weapon. I think his first criminal act was to fire into the water. I don't remember seeing that he intentionally pointed the weapon at a specific individual other than himself.

I think you could consider handling a firearm in an alarming manner, in a target rich environment sufficient cause to use whatever force necessary to disarm him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom