Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Chick magnet. Also midlife crisis vehicle.
    When Jerry Weigert was asked why he equipped the Vector W2 with a 3-across bench seat that wrapped up onto the doors his reply was, ..

<all the crap I was spewing cut>

ETA, take 2: From the December, 1980 issue of Car and Driver:
    A three-across bench seat is optional, and ol' Jer' is candid about his aim to create plenty of space for romantic encounters.

See: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/vector-w2-archived-instrumented-test

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    P-47 vs P-51 is debatable.
    P-51 was a fantastic aircraft but it couldn't do the low level attack work. Its engine was too easily damaged.
    Modified P-47's were used to chase V-1 Buzz Bombs.
    The later P-47's were really fast.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Ha!

The daily driver is a clapped out Hooptee that has peeling paint, rust, and lots of dents and scratches.
    The other day I was backing up and struck a concrete guard on a light pole. Dented the back bumper a bit.
    Started to get all upset and then I realized it was the junker and not the good car. I raffed and drove away.
    It was actually liberating.
    What is fun is I get approached by people who want to buy it! LoL.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The daily driver is a clapped out Hooptee that has peeling paint, rust, and lots of dents and scratches.
    As a young man, I spent many years driving around Houston in a 4-door 1970 Pontiac with the 400-inch small-block. The color was green and rust. It could spin those skinny tires and I was still young enough that the lack of A/C didn't bother me.

I can remember being told by a client, first words out of her mouth when I walked into her office: "Your employer should pay you more." I had no idea what she was talking about and just stared, blankly. "We saw what you drove up in." Then all the women in the office laughed.

I can also remember not giving a bucket of warm spit if it got dented. That was liberating. It was also more meaningful to me than impressing women.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    P-47 vs P-51 is debatable.
    P-51 was a fantastic aircraft but it couldn't do the low level attack work. Its engine was too easily damaged.
    Modified P-47's were used to chase V-1 Buzz Bombs.
    The later P-47's were really fast.
    All I could tell you is that when I was a teen in Nevada and watching air races it was most often the P-51's that won, I was amazed at how well they maneuvered.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I did not know she had big brass ones.

tumblr_ovamc7zagr1s7e5k5o1_500.jpg

During WW2 Josephine Baker worked as a French Resistance agent. As an entertainer, Baker had an excuse for moving around Europe, visiting neutral nations. She carried information for transmission to England, about airfields, harbors, and German troop concentrations in the West of France. Notes were written in invisible ink on Baker’s sheet music.

Later in 1941, Baker and her entourage went to the French colonies in North Africa. The stated reason was Baker’s health (since she was recovering from another case of pneumonia) but the real reason was to continue helping the Resistance. From a base in Morocco, she made tours of Spain. She pinned notes with the information she gathered inside her underwear, counting on her celebrity to avoid a strip search.

In Morocco Baker suffered a miscarriage. Baker, who’s health was already fragile, developed an infection so severe it required a hysterectomy. The infection spread and she developed peritonitis and then septicemia. After her recovery (which she continued to fall in and out of), Baker started touring to entertain British, French, and American soldiers in North Africa.

After the war, Baker received the Croix de guerre and the Rosette de la Résistance military awards. She was made a Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur by General Charles de Gaulle.

Lieutenant Jospehine Baker remains the only American-born woman to receive full French military honors at her funeral.

Top Bottom