May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    c8691c8c3af0df9935d312747ff5d960.jpg

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin

That's a really early Bigfoot, Bigfoot 2 I think. Still has leaf springs, traditional frame and steel body. First one they put 66" Goodyear Super Terra tires on though. Axles are out of a 5-ton 6x6. Bob Chandler is standing by it, he was the original creator and driver.

The Grave Digger above that post is pretty early too. Looks like Grave Digger 1 (which ironically isn't the first Grave Digger, just the first one Dennis really started competing in as a Monster Truck, first one was a mud bogger and used a pickup body). That still has steel body on frame construction with leaf springs too. In that picture he's still running the traditional tractor tires, hasn't switched over to Super Terras yet. Probably Dennis Anderson (creator and original driver) driving in that picture but it's too blurry to tell for sure, his brother Leslie took over on Grave Digger 1 after Grave Digger 2 was built (Dennis started driving the latter). I think by the time his brother took over they had the wider tires though, hard to tell since it's already been repainted in that picture (it was originally silver and blue, no flames, no skull mural) so it's not really early.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    That's a really early Bigfoot, Bigfoot 2 I think. Still has leaf springs, traditional frame and steel body. First one they put 66" Goodyear Super Terra tires on though. Axles are out of a 5-ton 6x6. Bob Chandler is standing by it, he was the original creator and driver.

The Grave Digger above that post is pretty early too. Looks like Grave Digger 1 (which ironically isn't the first Grave Digger, just the first one Dennis really started competing in as a Monster Truck, first one was a mud bogger and used a pickup body). That still has steel body on frame construction with leaf springs too. In that picture he's still running the traditional tractor tires, hasn't switched over to Super Terras yet. Probably Dennis Anderson (creator and original driver) driving in that picture but it's too blurry to tell for sure, his brother Leslie took over on Grave Digger 1 after Grave Digger 2 was built (Dennis started driving the latter). I think by the time his brother took over they had the wider tires though, hard to tell since it's already been repainted in that picture (it was originally silver and blue, no flames, no skull mural) so it's not really early.

RNQUGQGL6YI6TFE6IBWI6S7HAY.jpg

This is the original Grave Digger (it was a mud bogger, not a monster truck)

what_year_did_grave_digger_switch_bodies_from_ford_to_chevy.jpg

This is the original paint scheme for Grave Digger 1

bigfoot-1-bob-chandler-first-monster-truck.jpg

This is the original Bigfoot

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

>
    Take heart, friends. . . . .

You, too, will eventually outgrow the giant wheel & tire illness, as I did.

leVieux

Last edited:

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas

Wish I'd had one of those in DC on New York Avenue. A-hats would leave their cars parked on the street during rush morning even tho prohibited, causing massive backups. Always wanted to just crush them. No jury would've convicted me.

• Haha
    Reactions: Me
    Top Bottom