Gun Zone Deals

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    >
    Take heart, friends. . . . .

You, too, will eventually outgrow the giant wheel & tire illness, as I did.

leVieux

Most 4x4s with stock tires and equipment are already overbuilt for what 99.5% of their owners will ever do. 31s will get you most reasonable places (and some not) if you have an otherwise capable vehicle appropriately sized to what you're doing (no fat trucks in tight trails) and know how to drive it. 35s on an otherwise well equipped rig (lockers, geared right, etc...) will get you through some really crazy places. 37/38s will get you almost anywhere without really deep mud (boulders the size of Suburbans? no problem!). If you're going to try and drive through truly deep muck there is no tire large enough to handle anything you throw at it; I've seen countless trucks with tractor tires and big blocks get swallowed.

Just like anything, training/knowledge/ability > gear and the most extreme gear is typically unnecessary in all but the most niche, extreme edge-cases. I don't have anything with comically big tires anymore either, and I was never even a fan of mud.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Most 4x4s with stock tires and equipment are already overbuilt for what 99.5% of their owners will ever do. 31s will get you most reasonable places (and some not) if you have an otherwise capable vehicle appropriately sized to what you're doing (no fat trucks in tight trails) and know how to drive it. 35s on an otherwise well equipped rig (lockers, geared right, etc...) will get you through some really crazy places. 37/38s will get you almost anywhere without really deep mud (boulders the size of Suburbans? no problem!). If you're going to try and drive through truly deep muck there is no tire large enough to handle anything you throw at it; I've seen countless trucks with tractor tires and big blocks get swallowed.

Just like anything, training/knowledge/ability > gear and the most extreme gear is typically unnecessary in all but the most niche, extreme edge-cases. I don't have anything with comically big tires anymore either, and I was never even a fan of mud.
    Mine is just over stock at 31.6 but everyone wants to lift them with 35s or higher. Spring kits, possible shaft swap and a regear...all not cheap! A guy a few streets away has a lifted pickup and it's hood is as high as the top of his garage door. I would really like to see how in gets into that pickup! No boards showing, standard or electric so I assume he has a rope ladder to crawl in or he's 8' tall.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Mine is just over stock at 31.6 but everyone wants to lift them with 35s or higher. Spring kits, possible shaft swap and a regear...all not cheap! A guy a few streets away has a lifted pickup and it's hood is as high as the top of his garage door. I would really like to see how in gets into that pickup! No boards showing, standard or electric so I assume he has a rope ladder to crawl in or he's 8' tall.
    My Rover has 31 somethings... 255/70-18s and a 2" lift. It will go anywhere I care to...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Reactions: Me
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom