• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    DMN Is reporting today witnesses are supporting the officer's story. The question seems to be the door being ajar.

Could it be the perfect storm of circumstances where it really occurred like the officer said?? I know, those who think officers are more special than others and prone to cover ups are disbelievers.

The Chief should not have sent this to the Rangers on my opinion. It undermines her own Dept. And the trust citizens put in the dept. That serves and protects them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    DMN Is reporting today witnesses are supporting the officer's story. The question seems to be the door being ajar.

Could it be the perfect storm of circumstances where it really occurred like the officer said?? I know, those who think officers are more special than others and prone to cover ups are disbelievers.

The Chief should not have sent this to the Rangers on my opinion. It undermines her own Dept. And the trust citizens put in the dept. That serves and protects them.

IMO, it shows that she is handing it off to a 3rd party making it clear her department will not be swaying any of the investigation.

Keeping such an odd case internal would probably not have worked out as you describe. JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    IMO, it shows that she is handing it off to a 3rd party making it clear her department will not be swaying any of the investigation.

Keeping such an odd case internal would probably not have worked out as you describe. JMHO.

Yeah the implication is then that they would sway the investigation? If you can't trust your own investigators....... Most large depts. have their own OIS investigators so I don't see why this is different other than maybe some folks want a race component to it.

I think before this is done, you will see leaders from the DPA saying this could be avoided if officers weren't working so many hours. 15 hours is a lot. Hell 12 hours is a lot of call humping.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    We have sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste.

When I walk into a familiar place. The 5 senses don't overly trip. When I walk to the front door of a neighbors house. As soon as they open the door. It's a foreign smell. I can hear different things in the house. Nothing I touch feels the same. I can see by the arrangement of the furniture it's not my dwelling. They all add up.

Never did these senses decrease or became non-existent after a typical 14-16 hour shift.

Senses don't get tired. You do. It's a survival feature of being a human. If this lady didn't have that much of her faculties to begin with. She should have never been giving a badge and gun in the first place.

Oh well. It's just another dead guy. Dallas pOlice have it covered.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah the implication is then that they would sway the investigation? If you can't trust your own investigators....... Most large depts. have their own OIS investigators so I don't see why this is different other than maybe some folks want a race component to it.

I think before this is done, you will see leaders from the DPA saying this could be avoided if officers weren't working so many hours. 15 hours is a lot. Hell 12 hours is a lot of call humping.

With the huge media draw that this case brought, I think it's genius that she removed the possibility of any favoritism or hiding anything by bringing in The Rangers. Not to mention the scrutiny this case brings due to the current national racial climate.

If it was a line of duty shooting she may have done it differently.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

My implication isn't that the department would cover anything up. My implication is that a lot of people wouldn't trust the department NOT to cover anything up.

By calling in the Rangers it removes that issue. The department no longer has to deal with those suspicions and can instead work on more important things. Handing off the investigation to a trusted LE organization implies nothing about dishonesty.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    My implication isn't that the department would cover anything up. My implication is that a lot of people wouldn't trust the department NOT to cover anything up.

By calling in the Rangers it removes that issue. The department no longer has to deal with those suspicions and can instead work on more important things. Handing off the investigation to a trusted LE organization implies nothing about dishonesty.

Well, several in DPD are asking the same question I am so take it for whatever it is worth. I understand what you are saying though. Hell some here saw a cover up within the first 24hours.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    We have sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste.

When I walk into a familiar place. The 5 senses don't overly trip. When I walk to the front door of a neighbors house. As soon as they open the door. It's a foreign smell. I can hear different things in the house. Nothing I touch feels the same. I can see by the arrangement of the furniture it's not my dwelling. They all add up.

Never did these senses decrease or became non-existent after a typical 14-16 hour shift.

Senses don't get tired. You do. It's a survival feature of being a human. If this lady didn't have that much of her faculties to begin with. She should have never been giving a badge and gun in the first place.

Oh well. It's just another dead guy. Dallas pOlice have it covered.
    So glib. Weren't you a corrections officer at some point? So working extended shifts for repeated amounts of time have no bearing on cognitive function? So your neighbors house smells or you just have those heighten senses?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

It had nothing to do with coverups. There was a sequence of events. They initially thought it was a typical OIS, handled it like an OIS, then found it was not a typical OIS, saw their error, and punted.

It does not matter now, the DA is in charge of the investigation from what I read.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Wonder when the DA will announce her candidacy for mayor?

[IMHO, that press’er she held was as much about getting her third person name known as anything having to do with this case. Did that DA’s “seal of office” - directly behind her - really have her name on the bottom of it?... really?] I’d say, SHE is Spartacus!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    So glib. Weren't you a corrections officer at some point? So working extended shifts for repeated amounts of time have no bearing on cognitive function? So your neighbors house smells or you just have those heighten senses?

The long shifts was Military Police. Civilian law enforcement extra hours means paid overtime. I've seen officers work three entire shifts for the overtime. Three was rare. Two was common as hell. Sheriff and city. I worked corrections too. Lots of overtime there also. In the Military Police, you worked until someone said go home. Minus that glorious overtime.

Why ain't you talking about that time and a half? They do it ALL the time.

Dallas has this. The guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    The long shifts was Military Police. Civilian law enforcement extra hours means paid overtime. I've seen officers work three entire shifts for the overtime. Three was rare. Two was common as hell. Sheriff and city. I worked corrections too. Lots of overtime there also. In the Military Police, you worked until someone said go home. Minus that glorious overtime.

Why ain't you talking about that time and a half? They do it ALL the time.

Dallas has this. The guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    You didn't answer my question. The question didn't concern OT. What about her other shooting that was justified? Should she have a gun and badge for that?
    If you can tell who makes a good officer, you should apply with DPD. Work a couple years in patrol and then move to recruitment where you can decide who would make a good officer or not.

Top Bottom