• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Didn't she even drive to a higher floor in the parking garage?
    She must have really been distracted while driving, too...

Yep. The 5th floor parking was under the open sky, the 4th floor parking was under cover. Then there's that huge red doormat that she didn't have.

She was horny, and in a hurry and it's going to cost her big time.

Her toxicology results were first made public today.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...ial-had-no-drugs-alcohol-in-system/ar-AAHMXW3
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In her leaked 911 call she says 19 times she thought it was her apartment.
    She also says "I'm gonna lose my job!"
    Oops

I’m sure she was thinking a lot of things and I doubt her mental state out her in any position to form coherent or rational thoughts at that point.

Not a defense to her actions, but I wouldn’t put much stock in her ramblings as her mind raced through the coming consequences of her actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I’m sure she was thinking a lot of things and I doubt her mental state out her in any position to form coherent or rational thoughts at that point.

Not a defense to her actions, but I wouldn’t put much stock in her ramblings as her mind raced through the coming consequences of her actions.

And that's why they tell you if you're involved in a shooting, keep your mouth shut and let a lawyer do the talking for you.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    Given Texas does not have charge for, “yeah I intended to shoot him because I am a stupid **** and thought he was in my apt, my bad so sorry”, what would you charge her with? The options are very limited under the Texas Penal Code
    Well not an attorney so I dunno but it would not be 1st degree homicide. Let's go with the DA had no other option, it is pretty divided between you wanting that charge and me saying she was overcharged. You think you are going to get 12 people on that jury to agree with you? When they do not, what happens then? Protest that turn to riots? That is social justice for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Yep. 2 years ago, the "wanders" at the gate missed it. Of course, even with carrying, it might be a good idea to avoid crowds, specifically black crowds in high crime areas like where the Fair is.

Unless fair tickets are part of the welfare give outs you won't see too many at the fair.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    Unless fair tickets are part of the welfare give outs you won't see too many at the fair.
    Have you been lately? It is not totally a wasteland during the day but try the Midway at night especially on a weekend night. Also, you better hope you can park inside the grounds because the outskirts are very sketchy. Anyplace near a MLK Blvd. Is suspect.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Have you been lately? It is not totally a wasteland during the day but try the Midway at night especially on a weekend night. Also, you better hope you can park inside the grounds because the outskirts are very sketchy. Anyplace near a MLK Blvd. Is suspect.

Thanks, don't think I will be going.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well not an attorney so I dunno but it would not be 1st degree homicide. Let's go with the DA had no other option, it is pretty divided between you wanting that charge and me saying she was overcharged. You think you are going to get 12 people on that jury to agree with you? When they do not, what happens then? Protest that turn to riots? That is social justice for you.

Read back a few posts. I listed the homicide laws and the definitions of the culpable mental states.

What do you think the proper charge would be?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Well not an attorney so I dunno but it would not be 1st degree homicide. Let's go with the DA had no other option, it is pretty divided between you wanting that charge and me saying she was overcharged.
    Huh? I do not want anything. I am just an opinionated observer. How is it you are so sure she was overcharged, but cannot state what the charge should be? Since it was not accidental, the options are severely limited.

You think you are going to get 12 people on that jury to agree with you?
    You mean agree with the DA? Have no idea, juries are unpredictable.

When they do not, what happens then? Protest that turn to riots?

That is life in the big city.

Protest that turn to riots? That is social justice for you.
    No , social justice is when you make charging decision based on fear of real justice prevailing and the consequences.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It's not murder.

What are we missing? it seems her actions fit the description exactly.

Texas Penal Code

Sec. 19.02. MURDER. (a) In this section:

b) A person commits an offense if he:

(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;

(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual;

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    What are we missing? it seems her actions fit the description exactly.

Texas Penal Code

Sec. 19.02. MURDER. (a) In this section:

b) A person commits an offense if he:

(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;

(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual;

Sure but every justifiable shooting fits that description. If she reasonably believed an intruder was in her home, then she shouldn't be convicted of murder.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If she reasonably believed an intruder was in her home, then she shouldn't be convicted of murder.

Castle Law only applies if you are in your home, not if you think you are in your home. She killed a man while in the commission of another crime (trespassing), she is lucky her situation is not worse.

(c) A person who has a right to be present at the location where the deadly force is used, who has not provoked the person against whom the deadly force is used, and who is not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force is used is not required to retreat before using deadly force as described by this section.

A metric shitload of defenses goes out the window since she had no right to be present at the location.

eta

ok so you think the charge is correct, just she should be acquitted?

Top Bottom