• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    As was explained in the first 60 pages, she unlawfully entered his apartment, then intentionally shot him. They did not want to, but it was not an accidental shooting. This was the correct charge given what is available in the Texas Penal Code.
    Yeah I heard a lawyer say the same thing last night and he was a former cop. I need to go look again at all the elements of the offense. She intentionally meant to shoot him but that was because she thought he was a burglar so I still think they mischarged her. Of course that is why we have a justice system to determine stuff. Many feel she was overcharged.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    this case is similar to nothing I have ever seen in my life. The problem with her mistake of fact defense is she was the aggressor.

It seems indisputable she had no bad intent, and truly made an error going to the wrong apartment.

but almost all of her actions do not help her. From texting boyfriend, to deleting texts, to failing to render first aid while he lay bleeding, to of course immediately shooting without id’ing Target, I see nothing that helps her. And her attorney seems to be a doofus and is not helping.

And the existing political climate does not help her either.

What she did after the fact should not be used to charge her with homicide. She knew they were gonna take that phone and what person wants others to know they are banging their married partner. It had nothing to do with her shooting him.

We should not use the existing political climate to determine guilt either. That was one of the points the radio host Saucedo was making.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    so I still think they mischarged her. Of course that is why we have a justice system to determine stuff. Many feel she was overcharged.
    Given Texas does not have charge for, “yeah I intended to shoot him because I am a stupid **** and thought he was in my apt, my bad so sorry”, what would you charge her with? The options are very limited under the Texas Penal Code

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I think her defense may hinge more on her decision to shoot. Yeah, she made a mistake of going to the wrong apartment. I guess one could believe she thought he was a burglar. But I think she’s going to have to convince the jury that her decision to shoot was reasonable based on those mistakes. Can she convince the jury that he made some sort of threatening movement.

All I’ve heard is that he “didn’t follow her commands”.

On the radio today, they said he was sitting on his couch eating ice cream and his body was 13 feet from where she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    it would be interesting to see if their furniture was similar and or in a similar configuration. If it was then there is some amount of reason to believe it was just a mistake, if not, how does a trained officer not pick up on the fact that the couch is in a different place and a different color?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    it would be interesting to see if their furniture was similar and or in a similar configuration. If it was then there is some amount of reason to believe it was just a mistake, if not, how does a trained officer not pick up on the fact that the couch is in a different place and a different color?

it is indisputable it was a mistake. Nobody is suggesting she knew it was NOT her apt and went in there to kill him.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I just hit the live feed and they were on break. The talking heads said they just concluded explaining lock and fobs, so more info should be coming out today or tomorrow in print.

Detective testimony showed Guyger key did not activate lock, Botham's did. Guyger lawyer says door was ajar.

mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    One of the biggest unknowns for me was how she got in.

I heard the door was unlocked and when she fobbed it with her fob, the fact it did not unlock did not matter since it was unlocked.

adding to this, I heard the lock was installed incorrectly which caused it to not lock.

any know for sure?
    that to me seems like the tenant tampered with the lock to keep it "openable" for his fobless second half. but there is no way to prove he did it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Didn't she even drive to a higher floor in the parking garage?
    She must have really been distracted while driving, too...

Top Bottom