Guns International

Ok Austin, can we get some good gun laws now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Do you live in San Antonio? The city has an ordinance against it (and it is violation of the Texas constitution). The city council has been notified, but we're still waiting on them to do something about it. Yup. Carrying a rifle (slung or otherwise) in MY town will get you a ride straight to jail, and your firearm confiscated.
    I will look into this a little. City Ordinance violations are typically classified as Class C misdemeanors which would result in a fine not jail time if found guilty. San Antonio has magistrates on duty 24/7 which would mean even if arrested you would get magistrated and released. Do you have any specific cases of someone being jailed for a city ordinance violation?
    Just as with the knife ordinance, it is my understanding that some of these bizarre ordinances are only used if you have already been charged with something else.
    Gun Zone Deals

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I will look into this a little. City Ordinance violations are typically classified as Class C misdemeanors which would result in a fine not jail time if found guilty. San Antonio has magistrates on duty 24/7 which would mean even if arrested you would get magistrated and released. Do you have any specific cases of someone being jailed for a city ordinance violation?
    Just as with the knife ordinance, it is my understanding that some of these bizarre ordinances are only used if you have already been charged with something else.
    What good is Preemption Law if places like San Antonio wont abide by it?
    What good are laws that cant be enforced on everyone and benefit noone?
    Im very aware of the San Antonio ordinances but I dont have a list of names that have been charged with this crap.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Do you live in San Antonio? The city has an ordinance against it (and it is violation of the Texas constitution). The city council has been notified, but we're still waiting on them to do something about it. Yup. Carrying a rifle (slung or otherwise) in MY town will get you a ride straight to jail, and your firearm confiscated.

No, I am N of Dallas. When I first moved here 20+ years ago, my first exposure to open carry was a bunch of Black Activists open carrying around Dallas. They did it regularly and it was often shown on TV. I checked into it, found it was indeed legal, and have never had a problem or known anyone else to.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Im very aware of the San Antonio ordinances but I dont have a list of names that have been charged with this crap.

I believe that all of "these people" who have been charged with these ordinances is mostly urban legend. I know the ordinance is there, but each time it is brought up on a forum, it is somebody who's brother's neighbor's cousin's sister in law's maid's husband....who got arrested for using his pocket knife to open his mail.
    I am just wondering if anybody has direct firsthand knowledge of anybody getting jailed for this....I have never heard of it happening.
    Its still a bullshit ordinance.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    KAK;206098Criminals don't get permission to carry weapons said:
    with a weapon outside my home or vehicle[/B].

Your edit does not change anything. Texas ONLY requires a license to carry a handgun on or about your person. No license to required to defend yourself with a handgun, nor to carry or defend yourself with other weapons.

I agree there is some petty BS involved.

Top Bottom