Gun Zone Deals

Ok Austin, can we get some good gun laws now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I do travel quite often, I know that I wont be able to carry in select states. I am just going to have to put up with not carrying.
    Capitol Armory ad

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Oh come on NICS takes 3 minutes! I used to work in a gun store. You would save maybe 5 minutes max if you were transfered to a nics examiner.

5 minutes of my time maybe every 6 months is not with the extra 150 bucks over the Utah chl.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    it also places a phone call to the feds everytime you buy a gun. if its only every 6 months for you then maybe its no big deal. it also is often flawed and gives false red flags keeping people from getting a gun.

To each his own. I live in Texas, I will keep my Texas CHL.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    So what I can still legally sell that gun with no record!! They have no proof that I kept the gun. Also they have no idea what gun you purchased besides long gun or hand gun.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I will enjoy the hell out of it. At less than half the price I can shoot away 15 boxes of ammo.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Yet another reason to get a Texas CHL if you live in Texas.

It was the only reason I got mine when I did. My AZ permit was good here & for another 4 years, but I travel to KY occasionally, and they won't accept a non-resident permit. If not for that, I'd have waited 4 years or so.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Each of us has a perception of the value of our time and hassles. I like being able to walk in and back out quickly with a new purchase w/o the hassles of a call - and so do the shops. You're free to do as you wish, of course. As more states decline to honor non-resident permits, I just hope yours doesn't become obsolete on ya.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Each of us has a perception of the value of our time and hassles. I like being able to walk in and back out quickly with a new purchase w/o the hassles of a call - and so do the shops. You're free to do as you wish, of course. As more states decline to honor non-resident permits, I just hope yours doesn't become obsolete on ya.

You can bet that if it does become obsolete I will suck it up and get a Texas CHL, but until then this is a lawful way for me to carry and protest the restrictions on lawful citizens all at the same time.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    As more states decline to honor non-resident permits, I just hope yours doesn't become obsolete on ya.
    I haven't heard of states starting to refuse to honor non-resident permission slips; KY gave the impression they never had honored them. Have you heard that states are starting to pass legislation to not honor them? I'd be interested in learning of those that are.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I haven't heard of states starting to refuse to honor non-resident permission slips; KY gave the impression they never had honored them. Have you heard that states are starting to pass legislation to not honor them? I'd be interested in learning of those that are.

Me too.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I did see a news story on a Representative" Democrat" in the DFW area about this. He was claiming the Utah permit was negative to Texas. He also screwed up and claimed his debate was based on the loss of State Revenue due to Texans having the Utah license.
    Correct me if im wrong, but the CHL isnt suppose to be ablout profit..
    Wished I could remember the guys name but I cant. All I remember is getting a stiff upper lip!
    He was a White guy, Democrat, around the DFW area!! Hope that helps.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    The CHL should be about a Texas sanctioned course that allows reciprocity in other states and a NICS bypass. However it is unconstitutional in my opinion to require permission from the state to defend yourself with a weapon outside your home or vehicle.

Criminals don't get permission to carry weapons, rape you, kill you, steal your stuff, and damage your property. I don't think it is much to ask that I shouldn't need permission to defend myself with a weapon outside my home or vehicle.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Criminals don't get permission to carry weapons, rape you, kill you, steal your stuff, and damage your property. I don't think it is much to ask that I shouldn't need permission to defend myself.

Agreed. But until such a time as we get the laws changed/modified, I'm not going to put myself in a position to catch criminal charges to prove a point. You are, of course, free to do as you wish.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Bypassing NICS is great and removes the possibility of getting delayed. Many dealers will do cheaper transfers if they don't have to make that phone call. Having a Texas CHL also circumvents (to some degree) the Fed school zone anti-gun law.

We should not need permission slips from the gov to carry weapons but while I am forced to have a license I am proud that mine says TEXAS.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Funny, I do it frequently and have never had a problem, though usually it is an MP5. So much for your 'guarantee'.

Do you live in San Antonio? The city has an ordinance against it (and it is violation of the Texas constitution). The city council has been notified, but we're still waiting on them to do something about it. Yup. Carrying a rifle (slung or otherwise) in MY town will get you a ride straight to jail, and your firearm confiscated.

Top Bottom