Ola ....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bikerbill, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bikerbill

bikerbill Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Spotted a link to this forum at The Firing Line and thought I should join ... I'm a retired journalist (Associated Press for 31 years), Air Force vet (65-69), married, no kids, my wife still works, as an EA for the CEO of a small Austin-based company. Live in the beautiful Lake Travis town of Lago Vista ... Been shooting for about 15 years, have 8 handguns and a CHL ... also have a beloved Harley and a sports car; big fan of motor racing since I was a kid ....

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Welcome from DFW. Are you going to the HOG rally in May?

3. bikerbill

bikerbill Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    King, I am planning on it; not too far from where I live ... I noticed in checking the website that It's too late to preregister, so no free t-shirt:( but I'll be there .. do you ride? I have an '01 T-Sport .... it's a Dyna model with soft bags and a small adjustable fairing ...

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome to the forum.

5. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Welcome, good to see another member, especially one from around this part of Tejas.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You're sure to get along. We got a good number of gearheads on the forum.

Lago Vista is a nice place to call home. What kind of sports car do you have?

7. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Welcome. Great to have you here! Thanks for your service to this great country. :)

I'm also interested in what type of sports car you have as I am a gearhead as well.

8. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    howdy and welcome Bikerbill, post up and enjoy

9. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    We'll be there, we're heading down with a group of friends. They all have the big HD touring bikes, we've got a cruiser. The wife and I will be one of the several non-HD bikes..............Honda VTX1800. We do rides & rallies with these guys, they are great. Anyways, since they all ride Harley, they want us to go with them. I wonder if they are trying to get us to get a HD?

10. bikerbill

bikerbill Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    for the sportscar query, I have a Miata ... latest in a long line, starting with my first ever new car, 1965 Austin-Healy Sprite ...