• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    it has a different splash when it hits. it will pit through most steel plates instead of a normal splash. so it will damage your commom steel plates but shouldnt ar500.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    The academy in waco finally had some in stock, not sure what it takes to make it legit but from what I can tell it is penetrator. fired some at 5/8 steel plate and posted picks in another thread.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gear-accessories/30767-too-cheap-pass-up.html

comparison picks at the bottom of the page.

Well, it definitely has the steel penetrator core. I tested it and magnets stuck to the bullet. I have yet to shoot any of it, though from your pics it sure as hell did do some damage compared to the AE 55 gr by looking at those craters. I feel like going to see if they have more in stock, I'd love to have a stash of m855!

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    I picked up a bunch of M855 from a guy on another forum (PM me if you want the link/info). He's in California but even with shipping the cost per round was just a little over 30 cents. Heck of a deal I thought. He sells them in ammo cans (840 to a can on stripper clips). The rounds I got are all Winchester (WCC headstamp) and look just like the pics in post #2. Haven't had a chance to shoot any of it yet, but all the reviews on the other site are very positive. Only downside is you have to buy at least 840 rounds at a time.

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    Yep - you are correct sir. I looked at Wideners when I was considering the M855 I got from the guy on the other site. Wideners is $379 for a 1200 round case of Israeli M855, plus shipping cost. Not sure how much the shipping cost would be per case from Wideners though, as the per round cost before shipping from Wideners (31.6 cents) was more than I was going to pay per round with shipping cost included (30.7 cents), so I didn't look any further into Wideners. Plus - I got my M855 on stripper clips in standard 840 round military ammo cans and Wideners comes loose in a card board box I believe.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Academy Sugar Land on Hwy 59 near the intersection of 6 and 59 has 20 boxes in!!! I just called and told them to hold 6 for me! Just thought I should let fellow Sugar Land/Houston members know!

Top Bottom