• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Among the common fruit you can buy at the grocery store, grapes are the worst and strawberries are the best. Both have sugar but the ratio of sugar to fiber (which helps ameliorate the impact of the sugar) is really poor with grapes - high sugar, almost no fiber.

Got healthy kids? Throw 'em grapes. They're a heck of a lot better than pixie sticks. But when you get to a point in life where sugar intake is a really big deal, something you monitor with a meter by sticking holes in your skin all the damn time, you start to pay attention to even the little things.
    Ouch. That sucks!
    Hurley's Gold

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    just got back from Costco. 60 Cal/serving

NCM_0016.gif

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Order the weekday special at IHOP ... Two eggs cooked to order, sausage or bacon, and two pancakes. $4.99 + tax & tip.

No coffee, just water.

Be well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I do love me some real, tough as leather, beef jerky. But that's more of a snack throughout the day for me. I tried at breakfast time and it didn't work well.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Not exactly "on the go" with that one.
    Get it to go, obviously

How big is a serving?

I don't do well sticking to recommended serving sizes.

I do love me some real, tough as leather, beef jerky. But that's more of a snack throughout the day for me. I tried at breakfast time and it didn't work well.

1 oz or 1/12 of the bag, still 3 or 4 servings is a good amount of lean protein for not a lot of cals.
    those steak strips are actually pretty good. not tough at all.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Get it to go, obviously

How the hell am I gonna eat fried eggs while driving down the road?

Back to steak strips, I may look for some as a lunch option, but gotta find a Costco in my area first.

Gonna be a BEEFCAKE!!!!!

7ybynage.jpg

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I got a huge case of frozen chicken chimichangas. Been taking one to work every morning. At noon I am pretty hungry. I get a brisket sandwich or Burger usually.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We did something new the other day, took eggs, sasuage, bacon bits, potatos and a little bit of cheese thrown in a muffen pan and baked ar 350 for 25 mins. I think they came out to around 200 calories. they warm up ok as long as you don't nuke them to long.

This turned out awesome, thanks for the tip!

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    This turned out awesome, thanks for the tip!
    glad i cound help!

I kinda got on a no bread kick, but i got the idea from my mom. She kinda does the samething for dad but with a bisket on the bottem of the pan with an egg on top and what ever else you wanna throw on it.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    For a guy that was recently trying to cut, you sure like your water retention. :green:
    It works out. I'm finished now. Ended up 186 but that's another thread. Plus I gotta stay true to my handle.

Guys watch out for sodium in your diets. Anything you don't cook from scratch is suspect for high sodium levels. When you cut a lot of the sodium out you get more of the natural flavors that take time to get used to but once you get used to it you notice how salty some foods are.

I used to to work with some guys who had 1 kidney and they said their doctors told them to stay away from bananas. Old guys be careful, I don't know how ill live with all these things that can kill you between the bananas, coffee, exercise, sun, and bonin. It's gotta be terrifying.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    If 7/11 sausage biscuits are your baseline, anything would be an upgrade.

Do you like smoothies? Easy to make, can drink on the go, and healthy things can be added that you wouldn't otherwise eat. The fruit will overpower the taste.

Be right back. Gotta go turn on my blender.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Do you like smoothies?
    My normal breakfast: 2 sugar free lemonade tablets, 1/4 cup of fiber, one serving powdered protein, 1 lb frozen strawberries, 800ml of water. Blend until smooth.

Notes:

• This concoction will kill any blender with less than 3 HP.
    • I use water and lemonade flavoring because I'm diabetic. If you're not, delete the flavoring and substitute orange juice for the water.
    • *Any* liquid can be used. Any fruit juice or vegetable juice works fine. Carrot juice is great.
    • If you think it helps, throw in a cup of yogurt.
    • Best taste I've managed to find: Tropicana occasionally puts out a half-orange, half-tangerine juice. Use that. Amazing. The tangerine gives it just the right zing to overcome the dullness of the fiber and protein powders.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    My normal breakfast: 2 sugar free lemonade tablets, 1/4 cup of fiber, one serving powdered protein, 1 lb frozen strawberries, 800ml of water. Blend until smooth.

Notes:

• I use water and lemonade flavoring because I'm diabetic. If you're not, delete the flavoring and substitute orange juice for the water.
    • *Any* liquid can be used. Any fruit juice or vegetable juice works fine. Carrot juice is great.
    • Best taste I've managed to find: Tropicana occasionally puts out a half-orange, half-tangerine juice. Use that. Amazing. The tangerine gives it just the right zing to overcome the dullness of the fiber and protein powders.

Back when I was beefcaking it up in high school, I would take whey in the morning with breakfast. 1 scoop of vanilla whey powder blended with orange juice. If you close your eyes and believe real hard, it will taste like an orange creamsicle. I bet it would be better with that tangerine juice Ben mentioned.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America

Notes:

You never stop being awesome. Keep on going Ben.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I usually eat 2-3 pieces of bacon and have a cup of black coffee for breakfast.

I just had a physical. Labs and everything turned out great.

If you're in a hurry just get a wife who wakes up early and cooks. I will warn you though. The hidden costs are more on par with purchasing a 7-11 rather than stopping for food at one.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I make taquitos for a week; a pound of bacon, drained, 12 scrambled eggs, spice to your happiness, cheese if you please, roll it up in a whole grain tortilla, and wrap in Saran Wrap. Keeps in the fridge fine, and after 60-90 seconds in the nuke box, it's ready for salsa and my belly!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Old guys be careful, I don't know how ill live with all these things that can kill you between the bananas, coffee, exercise, sun, and bonin. It's gotta be terrifying.

The Cajun in me says you gotta die of something, so it might as well be of a good time. If I lived close enough, it would never be anything but a "#9 with hot sauce" at Taqueria Chihuahua on 290 in Giddings.

As it is, I settle for two eggs, over easy in seasoned olive oil, and two nuked slices of turkey bacon, both on top of one slice of toasted Genesis bread; cut twice each way, I eat eight of the bite sized parts, and the pup gets the last one.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom