• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Yep! Remove the money and look for tracking devices. Destroy the tracking devices and move to another storage container, and bury it somewhere.
    I'd take the tracking devices and mail them to Clay Jenkins' home address. I believe in multitasking....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Um... I'm going to play Devils Advocate here...

I was raised that I should never trust a dollar I didn't earn (or so my Dad would say) for two reasons:
    - It is worth "less" to you since you didn't earn it.
    - You always end up owing to someone in the end.

"Take a handout son, and you are no better than a bum on the corner." - Dad
    How moral and righteous right?? Thanks, Dad

In this example, if you ever get caught by the IRS keeping this cash, they will be all over you like white on rice. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

The fact is if you pocket this money the IRS/Banks WILL find you. Your spending habits/rates will change and it will issue a red flag for an audit the following year. Where once you were paying bills month to month with your payroll check, then all of a sudden you can pay your mortgage, groceries, gas, guns, etc. with unsourced cash....issues a red flag in the paper trail. Heck, try it; but your account better not grow abnormally, and you would be a fool to buy a fancy car or house...

Just saying.

The only way to raise flags is to deposit large amounts - over $5000 - at any time into an account. Or,If you go out and buy big ticket items and pay cash for them.
    As long as you don't do stupid things,you will never be on anyone's radar. You don't buy expensive cars and houses,you rent them. If you don't have any type of title work done,the IRS can never see it.
    I'm debt free,haven't worked since Jan. 8th and never keep much money in a bank account. I deposit just enough into my checking account to pay my monthly bills - phone,electric,water,internet,etc..
    I pay cash for just about everything,and no one knows where or how I made the money. If you buy things with a debit,credit card,or write a check,you're leaving a paper trail. If you buy things with a loan,you're leaving a paper trail.

If I found a million dollars,I could live like a king and no one would know it because I know how to not leave a paper trail.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Depending on where the cash came from, the serial #'s may have been recorded.....

Found a wallet once with 5 Franklins.....took a while to get it back to the owner, but did finally find him.......

The pics of his 2 daughters would have haunted me forever if I had taken the cash..........

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I’d check it for a tracer signal, then if it was clean, figure out how to wash it clean over time.
    Find a dirty lawyer to help.. that shouldn’t be too hard.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The only way to raise flags is to deposit large amounts - over $5000 - at any time into an account. Or,If you go out and buy big ticket items and pay cash for them.
    As long as you don't do stupid things,you will never be on anyone's radar. You don't buy expensive cars and houses,you rent them. If you don't have any type of title work done,the IRS can never see it.
    I'm debt free,haven't worked since Jan. 8th and never keep much money in a bank account. I deposit just enough into my checking account to pay my monthly bills - phone,electric,water,internet,etc..
    I pay cash for just about everything,and no one knows where or how I made the money. If you buy things with a debit,credit card,or write a check,you're leaving a paper trail. If you buy things with a loan,you're leaving a paper trail.

If I found a million dollars,I could live like a king and no one would know it because I know how to not leave a paper trail.

^^^This!^^^

Most would get caught because they got greedy or started living above their means. Start dumping huge amounts of money into banks would send up huge red flags. Buying really expensive items would raise more red flags.

Since it's found money, and probably from a less than reputable source, I'd donate a very large portion to various charities in small increments. My way of life is simple for the most part, and I really have no use for such a large amount of money. So giving a large portion away to needy charities would put the money to good use.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    My father always told me, “it’s just as easy to marry a rich girl as a poor one”.

....yeah, I didn’t listen to him either, back then!

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    This is what I have always done when I have found things. I have always done everything I could to find the owner. If I found the owner I would give it to them. If I could not find the owner I would keep it.

This is what I would never do: I would never give it to the 'authorities'.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is there a difference between paying cash for an item, or using a CC, but paying it off every couple weeks, and not carrying a balance?

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    ^^^This!^^^

Most would get caught because they got greedy or started living above their means.

Correct

Since it's found money, and probably from a less than reputable source, I'd donate a very large portion to various charities in small increments. My way of life is simple for the most part, and I really have no use for such a large amount of money. So giving a large portion away to needy charities would put the money to good use.

As I said before, the money is "worth that much less" to you since you didn't earn it. You state here that you would simply give it away... Let me ask, would you do that to your monthly check so willingly?

Be careful with charity too, people will ask questions where you got it and you better not try to write it off as a donation. That is a one way ticket to the Graybar Hotel.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    4 pages and nobody:
    two-chicks.jpg

Attachments

• two-chicks.jpg
      two-chicks.jpg
      27.4 KB · Views: 292

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Oh heck yea.
    That is one way. Blow it on booze, prostitutes, and gambling and you may get away with it. That $1 mill will buy you Cirrhosis and the Clap. Heck of a way to go if you don't ask me. When St. Peter asks you "what happened" you can respond with no words and a simple grin, and he will quietly you through.

The secret to being a millionaire is simple:
    - Identify a NEED around your area: and YOU become the solution to that NEED.
    People will flock to you if the NEED is that great.

What I would do, is along the same lines that Walter White did.
    Put a business proposal together and get a loan from the bank to open a franchise business (in his case a Car Wash) using my own money, and use the business to launder the found cash.

Who knows, if you do your due diligence, and choose correctly the right business for your area, it should take off and make you double or triple the $1 million that you originally laundered.

I know I am a PITA to some, but the truth is I am a Civil Engineer, that is a few hours short of having Economics Major. I would say I know just enough to get me into trouble.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom