• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    Yes, One Shot has struck again! I was resizing some .223 and used a tub to shoot once and then, after shaking it around shot it again. This is the after mast.
    Stuck223lubedwithOneShot8-2-14_zps198cfebd.jpg

I was doing pretty good with RCBS II and decided to try one more time with bulk lubing with One Shot and to my dismay, a rim pulled and I had a stuck case! Now I need to cut the brass and get the Lee decapping pin out of the case. I guess slower is better in this kind of situation?
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've never had a problem using using it as it recommends. Actually, it has worked really well.

You're doing it wrong.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I once had a tub of crystal clear case lubricant, the name of which I cannot recall. It was slick as snot. Somehow I misplaced it. Then I tried the Lee Resizing Lubricant in the 2 ounce plastic tube. Lasts forever, and even if it dries on the cases, it works just as good.

Never once had a stuck case. Does not harm powder, even though I clean the case neck after resizing.

I buy mine at Midway USA.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    'Been using One Shot for many years. I found out soon after I used it that I had to wait maybe 5 or 10 minutes for it to dry some before I resized. I think if it's still wet it doesn't work very good. Did you let them dry good?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    I switched to Imperial Case Lube a couple years back. Haven't had an issue since. My six year old love helping Dad out with what she calls "the goobery stuff".

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have good luck with One Shot.

I put the cases in a Ziploc baggie, give them a good shot, mix them up, shoot again, and start sizing. Haven't had a stuck case since I started doing that. I also give the die a little shot.

I am using some Dillon spray lube that I had lying around now. Same technique and good results also.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I use one shot.
    Love it. I load a tray and hit 'em @45° then spin the tray and repeat.
    A shot up in the die then give it a few minutes.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I use one shot.
    Love it. I load a tray and hit 'em @45° then spin the tray and repeat.
    A shot up in the die then give it a few minutes.

I used to do that but didn't like the waste and messy trays. Heard about the baggie trick and haven't looked back.

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    I let this batch dry over night and used it again the next day. I found it to be much harder to size with, so I switched back to RCBS II on a pad and things went much smoother.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    I've never had a stuck case and I used one shot for years before I made my own. Frog lube works like a champ too, if your are going the pad route, might as well use something that smells good too

Single Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2014
    I have tried all these new Eco spray lubes and they are good for practicing with your stuck case removal tools. I always end back up rolling brass over a cotton cloth saturated with 80-90 wt. gear lube. One jug will last several lifetimes. Never a stuck case either.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've used the RCBS lube on a pad and it has worked well for me for many years. The only time that I have trouble is when I get lazy and don't lube the cases as completely. It gets more difficult to size the cases and I have pulled the rims off of two .223 cases. Considering that I've been loading since the 1960's, I'd say the record is pretty good!

Flash

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    You have to consider water based RCBS II isn't the same as the old oil based RCBS case lube, but it still works every time! I have lots of brass that still smells like the original RCBS lube.

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Did you give the can a good shake first? Hornady recommends 30 seconds. I put 50 cases in a tray and spray from all 4 sides, let it dry a bit and go to town! No problemo.

Top Bottom