• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    coiled,

Cynthia tells me that in the last year that NOT even ONE person has asked to see her "camera", so I think that your concern is groundless.

just my OPINION, satx

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    And in that year, how many times has she needed her 9mm for SD, zero? Well then, no reason to carry it, right?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It's one thing to be prepared for an unlikely occurrence, it's another to inconvenience yourself and change your way of living in such a way that it is unpleasant for something that likely is not gonna happen. Carrying in the way that makes the most sense to me and that I like is what I wanna do. I want to dress cute and not wear a camera bag on my hip sometimes. I figure in those instances that the way I'm carrying (let's say it's purse carry at that time), it's good enough to serve my purpose (my gun is close at hand in the very unlikely event I need it). Some people seem to think they have every situation figured out, but there is really no way to know if you do. There is only the aftermath if you happen to get it wrong.

Last edited:

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You fellas are aware of TX Labor Code 52.061, aren't you? Doesn't solve it for everyone, but it does for a lot of folks.

thanksforsharing-does30.06and/or30.07take precedence over this? in other words, could you still get in trouble for violating the 30.06/30.07 signs?

edit: read some more info on this topic. very interesting

[FONT]However, while section 30.06 allows property owners to post a notice that operates as a prohibition on the possession of concealed handguns, the statute itself does not prohibit possession of a firearm. [/FONT]See id.[FONT] § 30.06(a). We conclude that an employer's notice under subsection 30.06(c)(3)(B) does not constitute "state law" and therefore cannot overcome the protections afforded to CHL holders by section 52.061.[/FONT]

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Coiled,

And your point IS?? Do you HAVE a valid point??
    (Fwiw, I was a federal LE agent for nearly 3 decades & for the first 16 years I never drew a handgun by necessity nor in anger but in the 17th year I got into 2 "police-involved shooting incidents" in which I had not been armed, I would likely not be here to comment. - Seeing the future takes a far better "crystal ball" than I possess.)

For most law-abiding folks, 99.99% of your life you are unlikely to NEED a handgun to defend yourself/loved ones from harm BUT should that ONE "very bad day" come into your life, you will NEED that instrument of SD & very badly. Furthermore, since nobody can tell you IF it is your "worst possible of all days", I suggest that you remain watchful & go about your daily routine prepared/armed.

just my OPINION, satx

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    One thing I believe is that as long as there are many of us carrying here in Texas, one way or another, we won't have any Chicago here. Just my two cents.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Scenario:

A) (CONCEALED) Your wife carries her purse on a one mile walk down East Runberg on a Friday night.

B) (OPEN CARRY) Your wife carries her purse on a one mile walk down East Runberg on a Friday night.

The same mile. The same group of dangerous assholes at every bus stop and corner. What's the difference?

Scenario A - Your wife is accosted multiple times, heckled, and threatened. She knows she's trained and can defend herself if the need arose. Those who heckle and threaten do not. Therefore her chances of actually feeling the need to use her firearm are significantly higher. In this scenario, your wife is prey.

Scenario B - Your wife is heckled in the darker parts of the street, but is given a wide berth every time the light shimmers off the black steel full of hollow-points on her hip. She knows she's trained and can defend herself if the need arose. However in this scenario, those same men on the streets also know she's willing to kill them to protect herself. Therefore her chances of actually feeling the need to use her firearm are significantly lower. In this scenario, your wife is a deadly prey.

This is basic psychology, not to mention it's played out in nature time and again. A Mountain Lion does not commonly attack a Porcupine because the Porcupine is OPEN CARRYING. A Grouper does not commonly eat a Tiger Fish, because the Tiger Fish is OPEN CARRYING. Hell, even fish that are harmless, are exhibit bright colors to deter predators from eating them, because the colors signify danger.

*Sure, once in a while a REALLY hungry Mountain Lion will take a few quills and figure out how to get at that soft underbelly, but the chances are slim to none.

**Sure, once in a while a REALLY dumb/high/motivated individual will take the chance of being shot and attempt to kill someone who's armed, but the chances are slim to none.

I bet if you apply the same logic, you'll find a lot MORE CASES where someone was killed who happened to be Concealed Carrying, simply because they were assumed to not be a threat and failed to deter the threat by simply being there when the crime began.

I'll also bet that if you look up how many people who were Concealed Carrying and actually used deadly force, may have been avoided had their attacker known they were armed. Personally, I'd rather not have to live out the rest of my life with the images of someone's brains being splattered in front of me; Even though i would, if it meant protecting myself or my family.

There's no way to prove what didn't happen, so there's no point in arguing how many were deterred by a group of seemingly unarmed, or obviously armed civilians.

That all said, situational awareness, training using the same weapon and holster you carry with, and avoiding dangerous circumstances negates the majority of the risks...therefore, do as you wish with what you're most comfortable.

Who's going to pick on these women?

cd7af873c79f208d82194a839230b7fb.jpg

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Scenario:

A) (CONCEALED) Your wife carries her purse on a one mile walk down East Runberg on a Friday night.

B) (OPEN CARRY) Your wife carries her purse on a one mile walk down East Runberg on a Friday night.

The same mile. The same group of dangerous $#@!s at every bus stop and corner. What's the difference?

Scenario A - Your wife is accosted multiple times, heckled, and threatened. She knows she's trained and can defend herself if the need arose. Those who heckle and threaten do not. Therefore her chances of actually feeling the need to use her firearm are significantly higher. In this scenario, your wife is prey.

Scenario B - Your wife is heckled in the darker parts of the street, but is given a wide berth every time the light shimmers off the black steel full of hollow-points on her hip. She knows she's trained and can defend herself if the need arose. However in this scenario, those same men on the streets also know she's willing to kill them to protect herself. Therefore her chances of actually feeling the need to use her firearm are significantly lower. In this scenario, your wife is a deadly prey.

Your entire Scenario B is based on a premise you made up that just happens to fit your agenda. It is fiction. It MIGHT happen, it might not.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

Was that the incident here in San Antonio, where a criminal snatched a uniformed SAPD officer's firearm last Spring, during the process of an apprehension??

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom