• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kapache

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2016
    Alright, what do you folks recommend? I will be moving to Burleson, driving one or two hours to got shooting wont be an issue.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I joined a private range. Pay a yearly fee and get a gate key or combination. I can rapid fire, mag dump, or shoot from my holster. I can even run around like an asshat if I want.

flylow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Try Off Duty Armory between Burleson and Joshua on SH 174. They allow double-taps and I've never been hassled for pushing triples. I've gone there a number of times on Thursday evenings and they are empty. Half-dozen or so lanes. Friendly staff. Ridiculously long waiver form...

kapache

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2016
    Thanks going to check them out prob next weekend, I just got here, so I have 2 weeks before my TX License gets delivered.

rlfdavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    closest ranges is off duty armory (havent been) alpine gun range, and crazy gun dealer. I Stay in burleson right now but have not been to any of them. Alpine looks to be a nice outdoor gun range. they however do not allow rapid fire. Crazy gun dealer just opened a gun range but wanted membership fee's. Or if you buy a gun from them you get a free membership. ( i have not been there either) I like to frequent dfw gun range. its a drive but i just recently moved back from dallas. Dfw Gun has been good to me. You do sign a waiver that says no rapid fire. however if you look at there website under the faq. it states you may fire as quick as you like just so long as you keep control of your gun.

I have not been hassled for not waiting 1 second in between shots. I do fire quick but i also trying to stay on target. Not dump my mag as fast as possible.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    closest ranges is off duty armory (havent been) alpine gun range, and crazy gun dealer. I Stay in burleson right now but have not been to any of them. Alpine looks to be a nice outdoor gun range. they however do not allow rapid fire. Crazy gun dealer just opened a gun range but wanted membership fee's. Or if you buy a gun from them you get a free membership. ( i have not been there either) I like to frequent dfw gun range. its a drive but i just recently moved back from dallas. Dfw Gun has been good to me. You do sign a waiver that says no rapid fire. however if you look at there website under the faq. it states you may fire as quick as you like just so long as you keep control of your gun.

I have not been hassled for not waiting 1 second in between shots. I do fire quick but i also trying to stay on target. Not dump my mag as fast as possible.

Go to Shoot Smart. Private Lanes where you can rapid fire, draw from a holster, etc.

rlfdavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Go to Shoot Smart. Private Lanes where you can rapid fire, draw from a holster, etc.

i actually dropped by there last Sat. It was packed. hour wait to get in a lane. It does look like a nice place though. I would love to find an outdoor range that allows draw from hip and rapid fire though.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Alright, what do you folks recommend? I will be moving to Burleson, driving one or two hours to got shooting wont be an issue.

There's a lot of great ranges south of DFW compared to north Dallas where I live. Haven't found anything like what I had back in Florida at a private range I belonged to. I finally found a public range that I like but its a drive at 43 miles. I make the drive when shooting rifle.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    +1 for Shoot Smart
    They have two ranges and rumor has it they are looking for a third. Good people to deal with in every respect. Even their gun and ammo prices are reasonable. Check out the membership options.
    You might also be interested in the Spring League that they are forming. Always in the past be good fun and educational.

Last edited:

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    i actually dropped by there last Sat. It was packed. hour wait to get in a lane. It does look like a nice place though. I would love to find an outdoor range that allows draw from hip and rapid fire though.

TDSA in Ferris, a few miles east of I-45, allows you to draw from your hip and rapid fire. It's a private range, though. Annual cost of membership is about $300.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth

I can confirm this is true. Was there a couple of weeks ago doing rapid fire. Will be there this coming weekend or the weekend after doing rapid shooting with a new AR. Plus it's nice to see an ammo vending machine.

rlfdavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    im actually 30 mins from ETTS. im thinking about checking it out. Its kinda pricey at 60 month. But worth it if there ranges are half decent and you can run n gun.

rlfdavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    i went again to shoot smart this passed sunday. another wait for even the private lanes. granted i keep showing up during i guess the busiest hours. LOL. i did notice the ammo vending machine.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    im actually 30 mins from ETTS. im thinking about checking it out. Its kinda pricey at 60 month. But worth it if there ranges are half decent and you can run n gun.

I think that's the one in Waxahachie. I considered that one, but the cost was too high for me. It looks nice from their website, though.

ChrisMo68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Hurst, TX
    About 30 minutes West of Fort Worth, http://www.texastactical.com/ If you want to shoot outdoors, they even have a long range out to 300yds. Pistol rifle, rapid fire, haven't had any issues whatsoever. Staff was super friendly and pretty much left us to enjoy our time alone.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom