DK Firearms

Open carry activist SWATed for filing complaint about illegal no-gun signs on municipal building

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://defendjack.com/

The Leon Valley City Hall houses multiple city departments, including the city administration and police department. The entrance to City Hall is marked with a large stylized “Leon Valley” sign above the door. To the right of the door is a display about the February 2016 dedication of the “Leon Valley Municipal Facility.” The entrance is not portrayed to be a court.

Past the outside doors, the City of Leon Valley posted illegal 30.06 and 30.07 signs, which purport to exclude gun owners from the municipal facility. Governments oftentimes later claim that they do not and never did enforce illegal laws or policies, so I carried a rubber fake gun to see if I would actually be excluded from City Hall. I filmed the entire visit for my safety.

I was told to leave; however, I was never screened. I put the fake gun in my vehicle. While outside, police told me “everything will be fine” and that “there is no problem.” I returned to City Hall to submit the complaint against the illegal signs.
    I submitted my complaint to Police Captain Saucedo. Saucedo and I parted cordially and with a handshake.

While at home with my wife, children, and grandchildren later that night, around 20 police officers—led by Leon Valley Police Chief Joseph Salvaggio—raided my home and searched my car. They forced us to the ground and handcuffed us. They seized all of my cameras, computers, phones, memory cards, camera equipment, guns, and even my internet modem, infringing my 1st Amendment right to document and expose the activities of government.

I was arrested and taken to jail on a 3rd Degree Felony charge. And I was trespassed from all City of Leon Valley property.

Although Leon Valley Police tried hard to censor the video account of their behavior at City Hall, I have backup video of what happened.

Under Texas law, with only limited exceptions, government buildings cannot prohibit the carry of guns.

This city is claiming their city hall is also a courthouse and thus able to prohibit firearms, there are currently court cases in Texas to settle this issue. Our AG has put out his opinion that multipurpose courthouses cannot prohibit guns except in the courtroom and the judicial offices. That being said an actual firearm was not even carried into this building and the way the arrest and the search were done to have been done maliciously.
    ARJ Defense ad

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Here’s what I’m inclined to think about a lot of these pro-2A “activists”. First, I fully understand what they’re trying to accomplish AND it’s a laudable notion (IMHO).

Perhaps it takes their physical involvement to establish an “injured party” so that resultant lawsuits ‘have standing’ in a court of law. Be that as it may, they can (& should) expect every manner of forcible pushback from government entities (most especially, the police force). After all, it’s typically their authority that’s being challenged.

But ultimately it’s only “the financial hurt” - brought about by lawsuits - that is going to change the behavior of the government bureaucracy. And even that may be a relatively slow and indirect process.

Some may say that won’t accomplish anything since it’s not really their money: it’s the taxpayers’ money that will pay the lawsuit reparations. Well, that may be true BUT taxpayers vote. And eventually they will ‘vote out’ those government officials who continue to make poor decisions which result in their tax money being wasted to pay for lost lawsuits. That’s why I say it may be a relatively slow and indirect process - but it’s ultimately self-correcting (assuming the necessary lawsuits are filed and won).

Last edited:

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    I get the desire to hold folks, our law keepers and law makers accountable.

But if you want to kick the thorn bush, you’re gonna get poked. Simple as that.

Kinda reminds me of some yahoo I saw on YouTube complaining over his open carry right after OC passed.

First question, if you go into Walmart and you OC, you as dumb as the day is long. Put your toys away because all you’re doing i seeking to draw attention to yourself.

That’s another one that I just do not get.

Walmart and OC. Stupid on top of stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Here’s what I’m inclined to think about a lot of these pro-2A “activists”. First, I fully understand what they’re trying to accomplish AND it’s a laudable notion (IMHO).

Perhaps it takes their physical involvement to establish an “injured party” so that resultant lawsuits ‘have standing’ in a court of law. Be that as it may, they can (& should) expect every manner of forcible pushback from government entities (most especially, the police force). After all, it’s typically their authority that’s being challenged.

But ultimately it’s only “the financial hurt” - brought about by lawsuits - that is going to change the behavior of the government bureaucracy. And even that may be a relatively slow and indirect process.

Some may say that won’t accomplish anything since it’s not really their money: it’s the taxpayers’ money that will pay the lawsuit reparations. Well, that may be true BUT taxpayers vote. And eventually they will ‘vote out’ those government officials who continue to make poor decisions which result in their tax money being wasted to pay for lost lawsuits. That’s why I say it may be a relatively slow and indirect process - but it’s ultimately self-correcting (assuming the necessary lawsuits are filed and won).

Nice commentary.....

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I get the desire to hold folks, our law keepers and law makers accountable.

But if you want to kick the thorn bush, you’re gonna get poked. Simple as that.

Kinda reminds me of some yahoo I saw on YouTube complaining over his open carry right after OC passed.

First question, if you go into Walmart and you OC, you as dumb as the day is long. Put your toys away because all you’re doing i seeking to draw attention to yourself.

That’s another one that I just do not get.

Walmart and OC. Stupid on top of stupid.
    Then you've been very well conditioned... you live in a liberal area? "Central Texas" is pretty vague- Austin? your post seems a bit angry, and there are more life experiences than yours. The left would like nothing more than a overall public perception that only the police should have guns.

I can tell you from experience that in states where you didn't need any permission (license) to OC, there was zero issues with doing so... unless you were in a liberal area. I've seen over a dozen open carry NON-incidents in Colorado Walmarts alone... in Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Canon City... but I didn't go to Boulder... and OC was illegal in Denver and Aspen, IIRC. (Aspen may be overridden by preemption state law anyway)

In Alaska, it was even more common... and I recall seeing a few in Phoenix, AZ. None of these non-incidents were intended to draw attention, they were just a matter of convenience... they were likely going hunting or other outdoor activities... and didn't bother to remove their sidearm before picking up last minute supplies.

If your implication is that someone is asking to have their gun stolen because it's visible- then why do people wear jewelry? I'm not an OC activist, but I don't go accusing people of being stupid for exercising a right.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    ...get your house raided and your property confiscated? If he was being a jerk in that government building then the cops that were there would have arrested him. Really, what was the purpose of the raid?
    I thought I read that he wasn't actually swatted, no?

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    ...get your house raided and your property confiscated? If he was being a jerk in that government building then the cops that were there would have arrested him. Really, what was the purpose of the raid?

You don’t arrest people for being a jerk......

Top Bottom