Join TexasGunTalk

Open carry activist SWATed for filing complaint about illegal no-gun signs on municipal building

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by OFFascist, Jun 11, 2018.

1. OFFascist

OFFascist Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://defendjack.com/

Under Texas law, with only limited exceptions, government buildings cannot prohibit the carry of guns.

This city is claiming their city hall is also a courthouse and thus able to prohibit firearms, there are currently court cases in Texas to settle this issue. Our AG has put out his opinion that multipurpose courthouses cannot prohibit guns except in the courtroom and the judicial offices. That being said an actual firearm was not even carried into this building and the way the arrest and the search were done to have been done maliciously.

2. seeker_two

seeker_two Well-Known

Jul 1, 2008
    Seems like someone looked at Waller County and said "Hold my beer"......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm likes this.
  3. Kar98

Kar98 Well-Known

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Anybody who styles himself "sheepdog" anything, I know we're dealing with a jackass here.

4. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Play stupid games, ...............

majormadmax likes this.
  5. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    What do you suppose the actual purpose of all that was?

6. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Here’s what I’m inclined to think about a lot of these pro-2A “activists”. First, I fully understand what they’re trying to accomplish AND it’s a laudable notion (IMHO).

Perhaps it takes their physical involvement to establish an “injured party” so that resultant lawsuits ‘have standing’ in a court of law. Be that as it may, they can (& should) expect every manner of forcible pushback from government entities (most especially, the police force). After all, it’s typically their authority that’s being challenged.

But ultimately it’s only “the financial hurt” - brought about by lawsuits - that is going to change the behavior of the government bureaucracy. And even that may be a relatively slow and indirect process.

Some may say that won’t accomplish anything since it’s not really their money: it’s the taxpayers’ money that will pay the lawsuit reparations. Well, that may be true BUT taxpayers vote. And eventually they will ‘vote out’ those government officials who continue to make poor decisions which result in their tax money being wasted to pay for lost lawsuits. That’s why I say it may be a relatively slow and indirect process - but it’s ultimately self-correcting (assuming the necessary lawsuits are filed and won).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    twain55, equin, 308nato and 5 others like this.
  7. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I hope he wins.

308nato, seeker_two and TheDan like this.
  8. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    For everything that is unlawful or unconstitutional for an elected official or bureaucrat to do, or not do, there needs to be a criminal penalty. Or there is no incentive to do the right thing.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

twain55, 308nato, Ole Cowboy and 7 others like this.
  9. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Well-Known

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Drama... he wasn't SWATted, he was arrested.

Maybe a wrongful arrest, but it wasn't a SWATting.

toddnjoyce and majormadmax like this.
  10. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    This was not the best way to accomplish his goal.