• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    So you support the 2nd Amendment as long as folks don't get embarrassed about it?

Or you just enjoy the extra income from the Concealed Carry Tax you collect from the classes you teach?

I think protests and expressing beliefs is great.

However, I think a bunch of dorks making the 2nd amendment look bad is not great.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE SENSITIVE: I'm not calling the people who went today dorks. I'm just stating that open carry events seem to attract dorky people that make all of us look bad.

Want to normalize the carrying of guns? Great. I agree. That doesn't happen by having a bunch of dorks wearing "COME N GET IT" and "MOLTEN LABIA" t shirts prance around with nylon holsters.

"Wut r u afraid of wut people think?"

Yes. Yes I am. Idiots vote. Idiots are scared easily. PR is a thing, and it exists for a reason. shouting "MUH RIGHTS" isn't going to help anyone.
    Guns International

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I think protests and expressing beliefs is great.

However, I think a bunch of dorks making the 2nd amendment look bad is not great.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE SENSITIVE: I'm not calling the people who went today dorks. I'm just stating that open carry events seem to attract dorky people that make all of us look bad.

Want to normalize the carrying of guns? Great. I agree. That doesn't happen by having a bunch of dorks wearing "COME N GET IT" and "MOLTEN LABIA" t shirts prance around with nylon holsters.

"Wut r u afraid of wut people think?"

Yes. Yes I am. Idiots vote. Idiots are scared easily. PR is a thing, and it exists for a reason. shouting "MUH RIGHTS" isn't going to help anyone.

Well said. Oooorah!!!!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

"Molten Labia" - LMFAO!

In general, though, I agree that as things step up, we'll definitely need a more controlled, media-focused presence. Unfortunately, I don't know many (any) organizations that are actually interested enough to lead.

I'm hoping and giving the benefit of the doubt that this isn't the "in your face" rally it could be and is really just a toned down, don't draw any more attention than we already will kind of march.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    No, Armed Protests Are Not Normal in Austin: Infowars stages open carry publicity stunt - News - The Austin Chronicle
    Gun activists stage 'armed march' at SXSW - San Antonio Express-News

BiTlp0WCUAAKnqh.jpg-large.jpg

BiOrbnZCIAASo_x.jpg

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    That doesn't happen by having a bunch of dorks wearing "COME N GET IT" and "MOLTEN LABIA" t shirts prance around with nylon holsters.
    What nylon holsters are you talking about? Are they making nylon holsters for long arms now? I've never seen a molten labia although I have inflamed a few over the years ;>). The main point here about OC of long arms is a right not exercised is a right lost. Why ban open carry...the lawmakers don't need to, we do it ourselves.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    What nylon holsters are you talking about? Are they making nylon holsters for long arms now? I've never seen a molten labia although I have inflamed a few over the years ;>). The main point here about OC of long arms is a right not exercised is a right lost. Why ban open carry...the lawmakers don't need to, we do it ourselves.

I thought molten labia were the angry pussies offended by the demonstration, like the Austin Chronicle?

volcano-pussy.jpg

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    KVUE quote: "Current law in Texas only allows allow open carry of long firearms." WRONG. The freaking piece on the news said long guns and black powder anything.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Was listening to KLBJ today and on one of the hourly news promos they took a swipe at one of the attendees of the march. He was stating about how he is exercising his rights under the Constitution and they nitpicked that he was dumb because it's the Bill of Rights (which of course came later down the line) that guarantees these rights. Can't tell you how many times one of their pundits has reffered to the Bill of Rights as the Constitution. Hell the SCOTUS determines Constitutionality of laws based on the Bill of Rights.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    When will we learn that "in-your-face" open carry marches and parades add no value to our gun rights agenda. Just sayin....oh I support the 2nd amendment, I just don't know where "bear arms" = open carry. Am I not "bearing arms" when I conceal - carry? Just sayin......

Ok you "purists"...fire away.

Attention TGT users-

MPA1988 has already had this explained to him several times; check his post history. Do not be lured into his masochistic need for negative attention/attempt at trolling.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE MONKEYS.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Yet another example of Californian mentality trying to ruin Texas...

I remember when I was still in Maryland, and was talking to a co-worker about getting my CHL when I moved to Texas - a nosy lady in my office chimed in "But why on Earth would you want to OWN a gun, much less CARRY one?"

Using a line from my Army days I told her to go pound sand. I think to this day she doesn't know what I meant.

Top Bottom