• ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I am very interested in this!!!

So... I cant get arrested for slinging an STG 556 to walk my dog at night?

This is awesome!!

Tell me more about this. I have to guess there are some kind of restrictions to it.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I would likely try to conceal it with a large overcoat. I could see a SWAT team coming and spraying me all over the place.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I would likely try to conceal it with a large overcoat. I could see a SWAT team coming and spraying me all over the place.

Thats exactly what will happen. Depends on where you are I guess.
    In texas long guns have no restriction. I really like this law except for the Alarm part. That one little word is how Law enforcement will screw you. The law shoud be defind as " criminal behavior" instead of " Alarm"!
    When your doing this, your pretty much at the discretion of the kind of people who represent the law. Hell, I have handguns, shotguns, and all kinds of stuff around the Law's in my area. Only once did it become a issue, but those two worms were just natzi cops and they dont matter to me anyhow.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    That one little word is how Law enforcement will screw you.
    cops who work gun shows watch thousands carry rifles every weekend and no one gets arrested. Lots of cops watch people carry rifles under lots of circumstances and dont give it a second thought. Its hunting season in south Texas and everyone has a rifle in their hand at some point. Yet no one is going to jail for it.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Yeah but what about down the street at night while walking a dog. I want to do it tonight but I dont want to end up in jail.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    cops who work gun shows watch thousands carry rifles every weekend and no one gets arrested. Lots of cops watch people carry rifles under lots of circumstances and dont give it a second thought. Its hunting season in south Texas and everyone has a rifle in their hand at some point. Yet no one is going to jail for it.

I agree with you there buddy, but I for one have also experianced the negativity that can come from exercising your legal rights.
    " I sure hope people are aware of the San Antonio violation of preemption law"... before they carry a long gun around there..

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Tried it, cops were called... I assume. There wasn't really any other obvious reason for them to be zipping back and forth through the neighborhood.

There was a chance for an interesting and uncomfortable conversation that never happened, I think. When I don't want to talk, we're not going to talk.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Depending on where you are, i am not saying that it is always the wisest choice, merely that it is not illegal. Even in San Antonio...

Yeah, at night in a somewhat upscale neighborhood apparently freaks people out... Cops sure seemed freaked out the way they were driving!

And I wasn't even in San Antonio...

Believe me, I know!

Hah, yeah I really should pick the phone up, eh? Sorry about that... Dealing with a lot of stuff right now.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    They're like muscles, you know...

Is there a law against open carrying a "L.A.W."??? Perhaps I should just go for a casual walk around my hood with that strapped to my back... the whole scenario seems as if to incite concern and for no other reason... so just because you might be able to do so, is it really necessary?

I mean, I mow the yard strapped with a Cerakoted Kimber cocked, locked, and ready to rock... but mainly it is in case of a dog attack... but I hardly feel the need to run around the block with my AR loaded up for war...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Is there a law against open carrying a "L.A.W."??? Perhaps I should just go for a casual walk around my hood with that strapped to my back... the whole scenario seems as if to incite concern and for no other reason... so just because you might be able to do so, is it really necessary?

I mean, I mow the yard strapped with a Cerakoted Kimber cocked, locked, and ready to rock... but mainly it is in case of a dog attack... but I hardly feel the need to run around the block with my AR loaded up for war...
    Ahhhhh....a familiar arguement. It is the exact one the anti gunners use to justify gun control. I mean, is it NECESSARY to have a mag that carries more than 10 rounds? And isnt your bolt action rifle all that is NECESSARY....why all the assault weapons?
    Whether it is needed or not needed is irrellevent. It is legal.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Ahhhhh....a familiar arguement. It is the exact one the anti gunners use to justify gun control. I mean, is it NECESSARY to have a mag that carries more than 10 rounds? And isnt your bolt action rifle all that is NECESSARY....why all the assault weapons?
    Whether it is needed or not needed is irrellevent. It is legal.

+1000

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom