• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OGdoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    San Antonio Texas
    I open carry on my property, which isn’t really the biggest, but today I had an interesting situation arise. I had a couple appliances delivered and was wondering if anyone who does home delivery or installation have you ever run into a customer open carrying?
    Does that come up in training ever?

I know I’m in my right since I’m licensed but I’m just wondering how it comes off being on the other end of the delivery.

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I would guess it has a lot to do with the region in question. What's the likelihood that the employees doing the delivery have grown up in an anti-gun or gun friendly environment?

In SA, with their history of knife and weapons opinions, I'd guess they might tend to be a little more freaked out. Then again, I've got a cousin in SA that would probably tell you why you should be carrying something else instead of whatever you had strapped on your hip. (he's contrary like that)

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I have no doubt whatsoever that most delivery folks have seen a LOT worse than a sidearm on somebodie's hip. And that was probably the least of their worries.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Jake the Wonder Dog knows his boundaries so he is allowed to run without a leash on our 1/2 acre yard. It's one of his greatest loves as he goes from tree to tree and checks the mail where all the neighborhood doggies stop to pee. I am always out there watching over him, armed and the neighbors are used to me sitting outside with an open carry shoulder holster. Heck, I even carry a 9mm when operating the big lawn mower!

My advice? Know the law, obey the law and don't worry about anything else.

Flash

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I have learned recently that open carrying in your driveway will deter the Jehovah's Witnesses from progressing any further towards your front door. They just looked at me, shook their heads, and moved on to my neighbor's house.
    ^^Pro tip. I like it.

Top Bottom