• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRedGoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    canton
    Interesting idea, but you could run afoul of laws requiring visible differences between real and fake guns (namely, fake guns are required by law in most states to be in really funky colors, or marked in some way that clearly denotes them as fake/toys).

And I'm pretty sure that such a claim could get the caller arrested if proven false. Wouldn't that count as a fraudulent report?

If the person makes a claim, and the police find you with a gun it is difficult (without a video of the scene) to prove that you did NOT pull your gun. If there are 2-3 other people making the claim it is even more likely that you will be charged.

That's why I was thinking about concealing a distinct characteristic of the gun. A few minutes with some Krylon and some masking tape should allow me to have a 'third witness' (the cop/jury) to back up my claim that I never pulled it.

TRG

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TheRedGoat; ALL,

As nearly ONE THIRD of "reported sex crimes" are UNFOUNDED/FALSE CLAIMS, I do NOT doubt that there will be MANY FALSE COMPLAINTS of "brandishing" of firearms AND lots of 911 calls of "I see a man with a gun & I'm SCARED. Please get here soon as I'm afraid that he will do something AWFUL."

NOTE: As I said, 1/3 of reported "sex crimes" are FALSE & an "estimated" 1/2-2/3 of REAL sex crimes are UNREPORTED.
    (We LEO usually find out about other REAL sex crimes, while investigating another reported incident/crime.)
    There is NO "good news" about rape & other sex crimes.

yours, satx

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Lots of unsubstantiated comments in this thread that spell of doom and jail time, etc. I'm with the posters that want to see the evidence, etc. of all the claims that have been made regarding how people are going to react and what the consequences will be. "I heard" or "somebody said", or "there have been incidents", "how many people have been arrested ....", etc., etc. just doesn't cut it. :green:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The TxLS guy was specifically talking about auto-based incidents as I recall.

TRG

I listened to the same seminar by TLS. The situations they mentioned involved an already on going confrontation where the accuser approached the vehicle after the accused stop their vehicle for some reason :confused:.
    The accused removed their weapon from where it stowed and laid it out somewhere visable for quicker access. The accuser seen the gun, called the police and lied.
    That situation is easily avoidable and is in no way a common occurrence.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Charlie,

Requests for "evidence" AT THIS JUNCTURE (inVho) is SILLY & FOOLISH, as 01JAN16 isn't here yet. - In my OPINION, the people who keep asking for "evidence" just want to argue about something/anything and/or "bless us" with their sanctimonious SELF-IMPORTANCE & ignorance of local politics.

We "predictors" of "doom" are those persons, who with EXCELLENT REASON (imVho), do NOT trust the radical leftists/"progressives", who are "driving the train" in Austin, Dallas, Houston & San Antonio city governments OR who "are in control" at the various colleges/universities.
    (ImVho, anyone who TRUSTS any DIMocRAT "progressive" in a "position of public trust" to be intelligent/honest and/or use good judgment in dealing with the general public likely has an IQ smaller than their belt-size.)

I've been LIED TO, way too many times, by "city politicians" to TRUST/BELIEVE any of them on any subject, absent "positive, independent proof" from a "neutral source", which has nothing to gain from LYING.

just my OPINION, satx

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Charlie,

Requests for "evidence" AT THIS JUNCTURE (inVho) is SILLY & FOOLISH, as 01JAN16 isn't here yet. - In my OPINION, the people who keep asking for "evidence" just want to argue about something/anything and/or "bless us" with their sanctimonious SELF-IMPORTANCE & ignorance of local politics.

We "predictors" of "doom" are those persons, who with EXCELLENT REASON (imVho), do NOT trust the radical leftists/"progressives", who are "driving the train" in Austin, Dallas, Houston & San Antonio city governments OR who "are in control" at the various colleges/universities.
    (ImVho, anyone who TRUSTS any DIMocRAT "progressive" in a "position of public trust" to be intelligent/honest and/or use good judgment in dealing with the general public likely has an IQ smaller than their belt-size.)

I've been LIED TO, way too many times, by "city politicians" to TRUST/BELIEVE any of them on any subject, absent "positive, independent proof" from a "neutral source", which has nothing to gain from LYING.

just my OPINION, satx
    The issue is, you're claiming doom and gloom and it hasn't happened in 44 other states that have had open carry for, in some cases, more than a century. All we're asking for is some substantiated facts to back your claims.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I asked. And I am not trying to start an argument. Those that say they have evidence of what they say, produce it so the rest of us can judge the merits of said evidence also. Plain and simple.
    As for not trusting most poloticians, well,,, that's pretty much most of us on the forum.
    Personally, if I say the sky is blue, I'm going to take a pic to prove it around here. The arguments seem to be started more by those that don't seem to have much evidence other than what they think.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    winchster,

You're asking for evidence for something that, as of 15JUN15, does NOT exist & that makes "the requesters" LOOK ignorant, uneducated, silly & foolish, imVho.
    (Imo, you are smart enough to know that the constant requests/demands for "evidence" of something that has NOT happened YET is just plain FOOLISH.)

QUESTION (with a simple YES/NO answer, please): Do YOU personally TRUST the "progressive" radical leftists, whom I call "DIMocRATS", in public office to be even minimally truthful on ANY subject??

just curious, satx

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Respectfully, those asking for evidence are not asking for it idly--or obstructively. They're not talking about Texas, so January 1st, 2016 is irrelevant for this discussion. What those folks are asking for is evidence--if any exists--of the types of "doom and gloom" instances where folks were lied on, or were obstructed, or arrested while open carrying in any of the 44 states of the United States where open carry IS currently legal and has been for a long time.

The reason that question is invaluable, and the answers to it even more invaluable, is that unless you're saying that the future Texas open carry experience will be any different than the rest of the country, then the whole conversation falls on it's own pile of stacked manure. Again, respectfully.

And, conversely, if you're saying that the future Texas open carry experience WILL be different than the rest of the country, then I'd suggest the doom and gloomers need to come up with some serious, logical reasons why that might be. And, seeing as how there are "dimocrats" and crappy politicians all over the country, spouting that as a possible reasons holds no sway, as other states seem to have overcome those same problems and don't have blood in the streets. Your move. Respectfully.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    diesel 1959,

Respectfully, I've posted MY 3 experiences with "leftist morons" in MD on other TGT threads, when I was an active federal LEO. - TWO "incidents" at BWI (while shipping cased/unloaded firearms while traveling by commercial airline) & one instance on the road in Baltimore County, when I was ordered to get out of the car & "left standing out in the cold rain" (for over a half-hour) by a deputy sheriff for "carrying a pistol" AFTER I showed him my badge & SDUSM credential.
    (Maryland seems to have "more than the standard ration" of LEFTIST/SELF-important anti-gun MORONS, "in positions of public trust".)

I have also, on other threads, told about the experiences of CCW-licensed people (including "out of town" police officers) who were harassed/detained/"questioned closely"/threatened with arrest in "DIMocRAT-controlled" Alexandria VA by APD officers. - IF that's NOT good enough for you, I'm sorry for your attitude of "dis-belief".

Note: In The Commonwealth of Virginia, OPEN CARRY has ALWAYS been lawful & there have still been "some incidents" with OC there.

ADDENDA: I'll ask you the same question that I asked "winchster" above. - Would you care to answer YES or NO to that question???

respectfully submitted, satx

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    winchster,

You're asking for evidence for something that, as of 15JUN15, does NOT exist & that makes "the requesters" LOOK ignorant, uneducated, silly & foolish, imVho.
    (Imo, you are smart enough to know that the constant requests/demands for "evidence" of something that has NOT happened YET is just plain FOOLISH.)

QUESTION (with a simple YES/NO answer, please): Do YOU personally TRUST the "progressive" radical leftists, whom I call "DIMocRATS", in public office to be even minimally truthful on ANY subject??

just curious, satx
    The posts I refered to, said they had evidence. So produce it.
    What could happen absent that, is anyone's guess.
    No, I don't think democrats, or even most poloticians are believeable.
    But if you day you KNOW, not Feel, then produce this knowledge in ducing evidence so the rest of us will KNOW what you KNOW to be fact. Not what you feel it is.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    jrbfishin,

Did you bother to read my post #353, before posting your post #354???

respectfully, satx

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have no reason to believe you're not being truthful, so I'll put you experiences in the "honest" file. It's those that say someone else told them something or another (third hand or more in some cases) that seem to be "iffy".

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Charlie,

I truly HOPE that you're 100% correct & all of us "doom & gloom" folks are DEAD WRONG. - We'll see after 01JAN16.
    (I plan to carry openly at our beloved Alamo Shrine, that ONE & imo IMPORTANT day, having "dug out of storage" my "fancy" holster/gun-belt & "Sunday go to meeting" crocodile skin boots. - I've already told one of the Alamo Rangers my plans, btw.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Charlie,

"Your wish is my command". = My adult daughter, Noemi, is going with me (with her usual bouquet of yellow roses to lay inside The Chapel. - She ALWAYS takes roses to The Shrine, as "well-mannered" Latinas ALWAYS take/send flowers for any or NO reason/occasion except it's their NATURE.) & take numerous photos.
    (I suspect that I will NOT be alone in my "mission".)

I'll wear my Sig-Sauer P225, btw.

yours, satx

Top Bottom