• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Torchrider

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Central Texas
    Can someone give me a good reason to OC when you can CC in public? With todays guns and holsters, CC of almost any size handgun is easy and comfortable.
    I can see carrying your .45 Colt Single action in a OC holster when hunting or at the ranch, showing off your BBQ gun at a friends house OR just because you can. But what other situations would warrant OC?
    This is not a flame, just wanting to know.
    DK Firearms

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Can someone give me a good reason to OC when you can CC in public? With todays guns and holsters, CC of almost any size handgun is easy and comfortable.
    I can see carrying your .45 Colt Single action in a OC holster when hunting or at the ranch, showing off your BBQ gun at a friends house OR just because you can. But what other situations would warrant OC?

Here is a reason to OC: BECAUSE I WANT TO!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

To fight the "guns are evil and dangerous" perception the public has. Get them more used to seeing responsible carry.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    despite all of the above, we still hear stories of abuse by L.E.O.'s here.
    I grew up in north Louisiana. Even though OC was legal, not many people realized it was and it definitely wasn't common place. OC'ing would have gotten a lot of attention from the police. Small town cops in Louisiana are interesting to deal with in my experience.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Because I like to talk to cops :) and from some of the things people here say. If I OC I will be stopped and talked to by the POPO every 5 minutes.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    You're not fat enough. Once you get to the 400 lb ++ club, maybe you will be cool enough to hide a gov model under your gunt, just like us.

If you don't already know what a gunt is, it just reaffirms what I said about you.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You're not fat enough. Once you get to the 400 lb ++ club, maybe you will be cool enough to hide a gov model under your gunt, just like us.

If you don't already know what a gunt is, it just reaffirms what I said about you.

I think there was an article about a woman hiding a little revolver there.

lol

I carried better at 170 than I did at 242. ;)

Having to dress different equals "not working out well" for me. I'm set in my ways. It's also much more comfortable to carry a shield IWB than a 1911. OWB is much more comfortable than IWB for me so the firearm choices that fit my definition of "working well" open up.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Stormbringer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    More importantly...its our right to open carry. I find it very distressing that we as law abiding citizens are talking about limiting our own or other law abiding citizen's right to open carry because of fear of the police or offending others. What has this country and state become.

Top Bottom