• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'm interested in getting ya'll's feedback or impressions on the Vortex StrikeFire II, first, and possibly the 3x flip mount magnifier from Vortex in the future. At $179.00+-, it seems to be a good starting point for a decent to good red dot. No Trijicon or Meprolight but, it is value based. And lifetime warranty too. Pretty good deal, all things considered. And about $200.00+- for the magnifier in the future. IF I even need it then.
    Military Camp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You knew someone had to say it...

Save your money and buy an Aimpoint! I have experience with lesser red dots and they've all let me down in one way or another. If it's for a range gun, the Vortex should be fine, but I wouldn't put one on a weapon that may be used in the defense of mine or my family's life.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Yup. Now, if you would please, tell me of your experiences with the Vortex StrikefireII. With, or without the magnifier.

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    I bought one last week to use on my cheap build. I would've purchased the Sparc II, but it is close to the footrprint of my Aimpoint PROs. If I had the T1 or smaller red dot, I would have purchased the SPARC II.

Most of my friends seems to like it with no issues. I tried it with no issues at all. Well built plus lifetime warranty... can't beat that.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I have one on my 300 bo, I like it. I have two eoteks and works as well as them. I just got a Holosun 515c though and I like that more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've had a SPARC II for about a year and I like it. Some of the cheaper red dots can be a little "dark" like the Primary Arms, but this one isn't as dark as those. I can't really say its worth twice as much as a Primary Arms dot, tho... I hear Vortex has really good warranty and customer service, but so does Primary Arms.

The only flip to side mount I've had was the Primary Arms ones and I was not impressed with it. The flippy-do mechanism is fun, but I just don't find it to be all that practical. If you think you want magnification I'd recommend looking at 1-4x scopes instead. The Leupold VX1 Hog is a great value at around $230. A red dot plus magnifier and flip mount also weighs more than a small scope.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    ... If you think you want magnification I'd recommend looking at 1-4x scopes instead. The Leupold VX1 Hog is a great value at around $230. A red dot plus magnifier and flip mount also weighs more than a small scope.

Ive got the "real" magnification covered, I think. I've got a Vortex CrossfireII 3-9x50 with the V-Brite reticle and a QD mount. This, the StrikefireII, will be used for HD/SD, plinkin', and the occasional up to 100 yard +- hunt and critter dispatch. I'm also a bit concerned with eye relief due to my head/eye position when I'm presenting the rifle for use. One of the reasons I was considering this.

I'll look into the Leupold though. It might fit the bill better then what I was planning on using.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have one on my 300 bo, I like it. I have two eoteks and works as well as them. I just got a Holosun 515c though and I like that more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Where did you buy that at? Does it have the newer circle/dot?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ive got the "real" magnification covered, I think. I've got a Vortex CrossfireII 3-9x50 with the V-Brite reticle and a QD mount. This, the StrikefireII, will be used for HD/SD, plinkin', and the occasional up to 100 yard +- hunt and critter dispatch. I'm also a bit concerned with eye relief due to my head/eye position when I'm presenting the rifle for use. One of the reasons I was considering this.

I'll look into the Leupold though. It might fit the bill better then what I was planning on using.
    I think the eye relief on those flip to side magnifiers are terrible. A decent low powered scope will have a more flexible eye relief. I think you could learn to use just the red dot alone at 100yrds with some practice...

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I think the eye relief on those flip to side magnifiers are terrible. A decent low powered scope will have a more flexible eye relief. I think you could learn to use just the red dot alone at 100yrds with some practice...

Is one of the reasons I was thinking "in the future" for the magnifier. Already having the scope, I'm not sure I'd really need it. And it's not like it's brain surgery to take the scope off at put the red dot on. Might take a few rounds either way to re-set zero but, not that big a deal.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

I've been checking out those Holosun units and, I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed so far. I'm Really liking that solar option and the estimated battery life. Somewhere between 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 years on a single battery is pretty damned good. And the added features ain't too bad either. Might have to try and find one of those so I can see it in person.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom