77236a2a1f3f3e939cda18d5cc1a606a.jpg

Last edited:

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Is that an SBR?
    Yes, that one is a registered SBR (the laser engraving job was awesome, meets all specs for size, depth, and external visibility, but located very unobtrusively; not visible in pic). The giveaway is actually the stock (vs. brace), not the "angled" front grip.

The interesting thing about that grip is that - given what I could pull from the legal mush (standard disclaimer that I'm not a lawyer) - because of the sub-90° angle and general unsuitability of being used with a "wrap around" grip on a short forend (you can see this in pic), this could be legally used on a Pistol as an angled grip/handstop (which is exactly how I use it - regardless of whether on SBR or rifle w/ 15" forend; the ergonomics which make it great for that use somewhat hinder use as a true VFG). This is supported by a combination of published regulatory definitions and ATF technical opinion letters (neither of which may really matter, but a strong argument can be made that it is within both the law as well as existing ATF regulatory interpretations). It's just too bad it doesn't have 'angled' in the actual name (wink, wink)!

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    All of my AR's have the original grips.......

In that way, I am cheap........

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Did you order it?

I ordered some high dollar stuff too. For the only reason to change a muffler sound. I've been sitting on the money for months and months.

Buy the grip, Charlie.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Too thin for my taste, but looks well made with a quality finish.

If they made it with rubber inserts to fill in the center and fatten it up I would like it more. Probably want rubberized front and rear straps too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ever tried the plain factory grip after it's been sanded down on the sides? Shaved way down. Try it with an old grip. The factory grip is kinda fat.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Good idea. They could label it gender specific. Market it to the 'girls'. Hopefully the company buying an ad on here isn't ran by a 'girl'?

It's a better grip then that and that doesn't matter. Try a skinny grip.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    And once the initial cost of design (low I'm sure) is factored in, looks like the next one off the CNC will probably cost in the neighborhood of a couple of dollars to make. Sooo .... they've got a pretty good profit margin factored in!
    It’s not an unreasonable price considering most shops care about mill use, tool use, power, employees in various stages of the job, you get the idea. Looking at it, it’s a minimum of four operations, and assuming their work offsets are set up to do op1 in one fixture then op2 the next, ect to final op, this would be how I would do it so each time you hit cycle start, when the program is done, you always have completed parts....lol nothing I’m saying has anything to do with your post lmao I’m still in work mode and was gonna say it’s not a bad price but got side tracked with how to do the job. Sorry lol. But my point is with making those as fast as a guy can it’s not a bad price.

Top Bottom