• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmwz71

Professional Retiree
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Crosby, Texas
    I am going to buy a new shotgun. A semi-auto "tactical" type shotgun for home defense and such. I already have some pump action shotguns, but I really like semi-auto things that go BANG!! I have narrowed my choices to two front runners (Beretta 1301 and Mossberg 930 SPX) and a dark horse candidate, the Linberta SA01LSTAC20. I would like to hear from the braintrust on TGT, so if you don't mind, please give me your opinions on any or all of the guns I listed. I am really wanting to hear your opinions. Thanks in advance.
    Capitol Armory ad

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Of those three, the Mossberg. But if you want a tactical semiauto then the only logical answer is Benelli. Price does not always correlate to quality, and Beretta is a classic example of that. Their shotguns are grossly overpriced.

dmwz71

Professional Retiree
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Crosby, Texas
    I am aware of what a great gun the Benelli M4 is (had a little experience with it with my department before I retired), and I would love to have one, but I just ain't gonna spend ~$2000 on a gun, especially a shotgun that will not see a great deal of use. I found the Beretta for under $1000 (but just barely), and the Mossberg for around $750. The Linberta is ~$400 or so, and I am sorely tempted to try that out, just to see what it about. It gets some really good reviews, but there is virtually no aftermarket Stuff for it, such as extended tube mags, or even side saddle shell carriers. But I'm thinking that I will first get the Mossberg or Beretta, then conduct investigations on unknown types, such as the Linberta.

So far, it seems as though the Mossberg 930 SPX is the favorite choice here. Keep the posts coming, I really appreciate all the input, and I thank you all!

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Out of curiosity, why didn't the 1100 make your list? Also, if the price point you are trying to stay under is $1000, the Benelli M3 squeeks in there, and I would absolutely recommend that one. The FN SLP also makes it in there. All of which I would go for over the 3 you listed.

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    While they kept it hidden for years it is not a secret anymore. They both make great guns but still show no sign of melting together as one company or sharing designs.

Yes, I know. And I think the word you meant to use was melding, not melting. ;)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    No, I meant to become more tender or loving.........

melt
    melt/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: melting
    make or become liquefied by heat.
    "place under the broiler until the cheese has melted"
    synonyms:thaw, liquefy, defrost, soften, dissolve, deliquesce
    "the snow was beginning to melt"
    make or become more tender or loving.
    "she was so beautiful that I melted"
    synonyms:soften, disarm, touch, affect, move
    "his smile melted her heart"