• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Traveling up to NY to visit family in a few weeks. Looking at traveling with my gun, all the states I pass through are okay with my TX LTC. Only problem NY a no go.
    Not only is NY a big no, if you carry per FOPA and have gun stored/locked/unloaded etc, and are in possession of a magazine that holds more than 7 rounds, felony charge. FOPA would not apply

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Traveling up to NY to visit family in a few weeks. Looking at traveling with my gun, all the states I pass through are okay with my TX LTC. Only problem NY a no go.
    Might want to read this:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I lived in NY and shot IHMSA, region 1 specifically. People from below NY couldn't shoot in states above NY, like VT or NH because they couldn't legally travel through NY. I did have a NY pistol permit, at the time it was only issued for hunting, fishing or target shooting. I couldn't even carry a handgun in my car loaded. I believe the laws have changed since then pertaining to residents with handgun license.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Check the federal “firearms travelers protection act”; or whatever it is called.

I wouldn’t take a long auto trip unarmed. PERIOD !

”Just don’t go!”

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Check the federal “firearms travelers protection act”; or whatever it is called.

I wouldn’t take a long auto trip unarmed. PERIOD !

”Just don’t go!”
    Problem is, NY would still probably arrest you even if you were 100% FOPA compliant and make you pay the legal fees just to make the process the punishment.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Problem is, NY would still probably arrest you even if you were 100% FOPA compliant and make you pay the legal fees just to make the process the punishment.
    <>
    I’ve heard that.

An Attorney Friend whose Dad was a sitting Federal Judge at the time was told this by NYPD: “This is New York City; Federal Law doesn’t apply here!’

It was some 25 or 30 years back.
    <>

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I found this article informative….

There’s old info on that page. The blue TABC sign was repealed in the same bill that created the 30.05 statute and none of the exemptions nor any of the defenses to prosecutions were addressed.

I think you’re an attorney; read the statutes because the trash on that web page isn’t worth taking out.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

I haven’t lived in Texas since 2008, but keep my Texas licenses up to date. If things really deteriorate, I’d prefer to be in Texas.

The Texas “CL”, or whatever it is currently called, tells any LEO not only that one is non-criminal, but that one thinks enough to keep the permits current.

There are certain differences b/t permitted and non-permitted CC in most states, let others here tell what those are, as I haven’t stayed current.

Anyway, that’s my ‘’theory’’.

Welcome back to the South !

I often say “The South has risen again; this time it is called “TEXAS”.

leVieux
    A CARRY PERMIT DOES NOT PROVE YO'RE NOT A CRIMINAL ONLY THAT YOU CLEARED A BACKGROUND CHECK WHEN THE PERMIT WAS ISSUED!

guntrust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2023
    Morro Bay, CA
    There’s old info on that page. The blue TABC sign was repealed in the same bill that created the 30.05 statute and none of the exemptions nor any of the defenses to prosecutions were addressed.

I think you’re an attorney; read the statutes because the trash on that web page isn’t worth taking out.
    Thank you for that heads up. Leaving in a couple hours for TX, so not much time for statutory review but will take a look and meanwhile avoid reasonably apparent school zones.

While it's true I do something legal, I cannot say what exactly. But I will say, since everyone seems to assume based on my username that I do NFA trusts, that I detest handling NFA and prefer to avoid ATF wherever possible.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thank you for that heads up. Leaving in a couple hours for TX, so not much time for statutory review….
    That being the case, Texas Law Shield put together a great resource for permitless carry that has a handy decipher the signs for everybody infographic.

If you are carrying under a reciprocal LTC, so long as you don’t physically enter a school, nothing to worry about there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom