• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Just left law enforcement and have decided it was definitely not for me. Is anyone aware of any companies hiring entry-level no experience roustabouts or miners? Would prefer US-land based jobs in regards to oil work but beggars can't be choosers so I'll take what I can get. I've been sifting through a lot of oiljob websites but have never heard anything back. If anybody knows anything I'd appreciate the help.
    Gun Zone Deals

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    There's a lot of fracking going on around Corpus / Beeville, I'm sure other ares too. I've had trouble getting hotel rooms due to the work. Good luck.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Get you a CDL and there are a lot of jobs available in the Eagle Ford region. Everytime I drive south towards Kenedy-Three Rivers there are huge signs everywhere looking for CDL drivers.

Portals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    round rock
    Been a while, but they were looking for bodies in the Midland/Odessa area earlier.
    Check with your local Workforce Solutions office (Vet Rep?). They can make the calls for you.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Midland/Odessa, Artesia NM, Canadian TX, Oklahoma panhandle. If people aint working it's cause they don't want to.
    +1 on the CDL

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you had a Class A CDL with HAZMAT, you could find a job in Houston relatively quick. My company will only hire with a minimum 1 yr behind the wheel.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I didn't say that was the ideal way, but it is an option. Many carriers will not hire without any experience behind the wheel.

that is true. even for very experianced otr drivers with lots of endorsements, they still want recent experiance. personally, i think if you stick em behind the wheel, it will come back to em. like riding a bike some things you dont forget.

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Weatherford International Ltd. (an oilfield services company) is hiring for positions in Midland/Odessa area. They ran an ad in the Ft. Worth Star Telegram last Sunday, you might want to look it up for details or go to www.weatherford.jobs

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    For as many job openings as they have, it's hard to find entry level. Trust me. I'm doing it. I'm actually supposed to be starting as a Frac Tech the 30th, but I also just received a voicemail from a staffing agency that I applied with in December, seeing if I was still interested in working for Schlumberger.

Here's a couple:

**Anything Chesapeake Energy is a great opportunity! They have a lot of subsidiaries. NOMAC, Great Plains Oilfield Rentals, ect.
    - Weatherford (most need experience)
    - Schlumberger
    - FracTech
    - Mission Well Services (here in SA)
    - Stallion
    - Cameron
    **And of course the big ones, BP, Shell, Chevron ect, but they have the subsidiaries I've listed above, only way you really get hired by the big ones if you have an Engineering Degree. But Chesapeake is a top 500 company and top 100 to work for.

Lots hire through staffing agencies:

LK Jordan
    Aerotek (Lots of Chesapeake jobs thru them)
    SOS Staffing

Top Bottom