• ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    BobK,

Frankly, I wouldn't much care IF the MGs that are C&R could be lawfully imported for collections.

Fwiw, I know where there are four brass-mounted Model of 1903 MAXIM water-cooled guns are for sale in Latin America, with all "the goodies", at about 1,000.ooUSD each.

NOBODY is going to rob a liquor store, commit a murder and/or rip-off a bank with a 150+ pound water-cooled heavy MG, that's over 100 years old. = Not allowing the importation/preservation/display of such an antique by a C&R licensee is, in one word: STUPID.
    (IF I could import the MG, I would enjoy it for my lifetime & thereafter give it by will to the US Army MP Museum at Ft Leonard Wood, MO for display.)

just my opinion, satx

I totally agree with you, it's stupid to say the least. Bumpfire stocks, Binary triggers etc. never would have came about had the NRA not supported the Hughes Amendment. It forced the industry to try and find a "legal" work around on the prohibition.
    DK Firearms

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    And once again, the stupid hoplophobes just don't friggin' get it. They keep outlawing the things that don't contribute to better marksmanship. A bump-fire stock on a semi-auto appears to make the shooter capable of not much more than minute-of-quarter-section accuracy (which works when helpless targets are crammed into a small roofless enclosure with insufficient exits, and nothing to hide behind, but not otherwise). Had the creep on the 32nd floor had to resort to semi-auto fire and AIMING, the casualty count would likely have looked quite different and far worse. I don't like to see the demo-tards outlaw ANYthing firearms related, but as long as they continue to restrict or ban things which are not conducive to thoughtful marksmanship, I hope that they never figure out what they're doing. If they seem to never get a clue as to what REALLY matters, I see no reason to educate them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think Trump would rather go to war with North Korea than deal with a 2A issues while Vegas is fresh.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You should change that to what really matters to you.

There must be a market for the bump fire things or they would not sell.

Today they are coming for bumpfire stocks
    tomorrow it will be binary triggers
    and when it gets to bolt action rifles there will be no one left to help you fight them.

And once again, the stupid hoplophobes just don't friggin' get it. They keep outlawing the things that don't contribute to better marksmanship. A bump-fire stock on a semi-auto appears to make the shooter capable of not much more than minute-of-quarter-section accuracy (which works when helpless targets are crammed into a small roofless enclosure with insufficient exits, and nothing to hide behind, but not otherwise). Had the creep on the 32nd floor had to resort to semi-auto fire and AIMING, the casualty count would likely have looked quite different and far worse. I don't like to see the demo-tards outlaw ANYthing firearms related, but as long as they continue to restrict or ban things which are not conducive to thoughtful marksmanship, I hope that they never figure out what they're doing. If they seem to never get a clue as to what REALLY matters, I see no reason to educate them.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm aware of those restrictions.

It doesn't make me feel better about Texas though, just makes me think worse of California.

Yeah, and I dont have a problem with that. The real problem is that many states follow California laws eventually. The only reason I stay here is work and family ties.

Also, its true that the weather here is great compared to many states, but the politics here are one-sided only nowadays.

If you are not a liberal democrat here, you can forget about your votes or your phone/faxes to the representatives, or Gov. Jerry Brown, in Sacramento being taken seriously.

Worse yet is the upcoming, and likely new governor of California, Gavin Newsom, the Lt. Gov.

He will sign any damn gun-control measure to hit the governor desk when/if he
    become governor. The man HATES private firearms ownership with a typical modern day ultra-liberal passion. This state is done for, and I will move as soon as I can.

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    I think Trump would rather go to war with North Korea than deal with 2A issues while Vegas is fresh.
    For THAT mater, SO WOULD I! At least THAT would involve the U.S. armed forces in conflict with a genuine enemy of U.S. security, which TRULY seeks to do harm to 300,000,000 U.S. citizens. I'D even prefer to have ''gone kinetic" against DPRK BEFORE Las Vegas.

Turning the combined might of the U.S. armed forces and all/most federal LE agencies against the gun-owning (evil-looking or not) public is tantamount to an apex predator mistaking its tail for another predator, and with the same likely outcome.

Not long after Pearl Harbor, someone mentioned to Yamamoto the possibility of having to eventually invade the continental U.S. "There'll be no invading the United States." he replied. "There is a rifle-barrel behind every blade of grass."

THAT situation has done nothing but become more so, in the 7 decades since. If our own military and federal LEAs become "the invaders", they'll quickly realize how right Yamamoto was.

Today they are coming for bump-fire stocks.Tomorrow it will be binary triggers, and when it gets to bolt action rifles, there will be no one left to help you fight them.
    By the time it gets to bolt-action rifles, I'll have buried or hidden most of mine, along with some less politically correct ordnance. I have the will and the means.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    For THAT mater, SO WOULD I! At least THAT would involve the U.S. armed forces in conflict with a genuine enemy of U.S. security, which TRULY seeks to do harm to 300,000,000 U.S. citizens. I'D even prefer to have ''gone kinetic" against DPRK BEFORE Las Vegas.

Turning the combined might of the U.S. armed forces and all/most federal LE agencies against the gun-owning (evil-looking or not) public is tantamount to an apex predator mistaking its tail for another predator, and with the same likely outcome.

Not long after Pearl Harbor, someone mentioned to Yamamoto the possibility of having to eventually invade the continental U.S. "There'll be no invading the United States." he replied. "There is a rifle-barrel behind every blade of grass."

That quote is most likely fake. It's never been substantiated.

THAT situation has done nothing but become more so, in the 7 decades since. If our own military and federal LEAs become "the invaders", they'll quickly realize how right Yamamoto was.

By the time it gets to bolt-action rifles, I'll have buried or hidden most of mine, along with some less politically correct ordnance. I have the will and the means.

The means to do what, bury your bolt actions?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Maybe you will like this quote better:

Maj. Heinrich Strasser: Are you one of those people who can not imagine the Germans in their beloved Paris?
    Rick Blaine: It's not particularly my beloved Paris.
    Maj. Heinrich Strasser: Can you image us in London?
    Rick Blaine: When you get there ask me!
    Capt. Louis Renault: Hmmmh! Diplomats!
    Maj. Heinrich Strasser: How about New York?
    Rick Blaine: Well there are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn't advise you to invade.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...bury your bolt actions?
    Since I can't quote Kosh, I'd just like to point out that anti-gunners have turned their wrath toward bolt-action rifles at least twice in our history.

After Kennedy was assasinated, "sniper rifles" came under scrutiny. There was a move to ban them but it ran headlong into the Fudds of the world who pointed out that these were nothing more than common deer rifles. While "sniper rifles" still get an occasional mention from anti-gunners, there is no longer any push to ban them, specifically. They'll come after the bolt-actions sometime after/if they get most everything else.

Most interesting to me, though, is the hue and cry to ban bolt-action rifles over 100 years ago. If you ever get a chance to go to a NY public library and spend a few hours, go to the microfiche (Yeah, it might all be digitized since the last time I did this.) of the tabloids and yellow press of 100 to 125 years ago. The military had transitioned away from single shot rifles. A new generation of veterans had learned to use bolt-action rifles in the military. Upon leaving the military, they sought the same sort of firearms for civilian use such as hunting and target shooting.

It's amazing the wails of pain that were published in the press at the time. "No one needs a firearm that holds more than one round at a time! Bolt actions rifles are weapons of war! They must be banned immediately!" The language used by the press back then almost perfectly mirrors the language being used today.

Leftists and authoritarians freak out at this sort of stuff and always have. Then it enters common use, nothing bad happens, and the goalposts get moved. Such has it always been; such it will always be.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Since I can't quote Kosh, I'd just like to point out that anti-gunners have turned their wrath toward bolt-action rifles at least twice in our history.

After Kennedy was assasinated, "sniper rifles" came under scrutiny. There was a move to ban them but it ran headlong into the Fudds of the world who pointed out that these were nothing more than common deer rifles. While "sniper rifles" still get an occasional mention from anti-gunners, there is no longer any push to ban them, specifically. They'll come after the bolt-actions sometime after/if they get most everything else.

Most interesting to me, though, is the hue and cry to ban bolt-action rifles over 100 years ago. If you ever get a chance to go to a NY public library and spend a few hours, go to the microfiche (Yeah, it might all be digitized since the last time I did this.) of the tabloids and yellow press of 100 to 125 years ago. The military had transitioned away from single shot rifles. A new generation of veterans had learned to use bolt-action rifles in the military. Upon leaving the military, they sought the same sort of firearms for civilian use such as hunting and target shooting.

It's amazing the wails of pain that were published in the press at the time. "No one needs a firearm that holds more than one round at a time! Bolt actions rifles are weapons of war! They must be banned immediately!" The language used by the press back then almost perfectly mirrors the language being used today.

Leftists and authoritarians freak out at this sort of stuff and always have. Then it enters common use, nothing bad happens, and the goalposts get moved. Such has it always been; such it will always be.
    As far as rifles go to the anti gun liberals there are only two types of rifles, assault rifles and sniper rifles.

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    I find it attributed to him frequently. It's also claimed that Yamamoto never uttered the "sleeping giant" statement. But I don't think it was in anyone's interest to "dream up" verbiage like that just for the fun of it.
    Among other things... Plus the means to make myself scarce in wait for a time in which either better conditions return, or the opportunity presents itself to MAKE those better conditions return.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I find it attributed to him frequently. It's also claimed that Yamamoto never uttered the "sleeping giant" statement. But I don't think it was in anyone's interest to "dream up" verbiage like that just for the fun of it.

Yes it is, despite the fact that there is no evidence he ever said such a thing.

Among other things... Plus the means to make myself scarce in wait for a time in which either better conditions return, or the opportunity presents itself to MAKE those better conditions return.

I'm sorry, but if you are having to bury your bolt actions you've waited too long.

"When it's time to bury your guns, it's time to dig them up"

-Dawico's sig line

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    I'm sorry, but if you are having to bury your bolt actions you've waited too long.
    Why do you assume that I haven't already started? No apology necessary, wrong assumptions are made about me, frequently.

Top Bottom