• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just be glad you live in Texas. Bump-fire stocks are already banned here in California, along with many other add-on features, like flash suppressors and
    pistol grips on long guns.

Ten round mag limits on every firearm too. Oh yeah, next year we have to pay the CA DOJ firearms division more $$$ to have a permit to buy ammo, and online sales of ammo must go through an FFL. Hopefully that will make y'all feel better in TX.

I'm aware of those restrictions.

It doesn't make me feel better about Texas though, just makes me think worse of California.
    DK Firearms

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    seems like NRA i slightly leaning towards Trump-style negotiation planning. Like we sae with DACA, Trump leans one way for "store credit" on the other side.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just my observation

Sent from my SIG Sauer

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    seems like NRA i slightly leaning towards Trump-style negotiation planning. Like we sae with DACA, Trump leans one way for "store credit" on the other side.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just my observation

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    I gave them money to fight against those that think objects are the problems when people commit a crime, not to bow to them in hopes of a greater good. What's next? Will they say that the BATFE should look into how they regulate assault weapons? I can really care less about bump fire stocks, but that's not the point.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I gave them money to fight against those that think objects are the problems when people commit a crime, not to bow to them in hopes of a greater good. What's next? Will they say that the BATFE should look into how they regulate assault weapons? I can really care less about bump fire stocks, but that's not the point.
    i hear ya. like i said, right or wrong, that's just what it looks like to me.

"shall not be infringed" is pretty black and white

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Wow. So reasonable. Much modest!

hvyw8ag.png

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Most of the American media is merely entertainment and used as a platform for the political left. I've found BBC to be (surprisingly) the least biased and that's what I watch when I want news.

The outcome is simple.. they'll ban bump fires and any other device that helps simulate autofire. I don't see how that is avoidable.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Most of the American media is merely entertainment and used as a platform for the political left. I've found BBC to be (surprisingly) the least biased and that's what I watch when I want news.

The outcome is simple.. they'll ban bump fires and any other device that helps simulate autofire. I don't see how that is avoidable.
    I pretty much figured many of those items would banned when I first heard about it after the shooting. It's the how they write it up and what gets attached to a bill that has me concerned the most.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

Imo, you have just cause to be "concerned" about what the nitwits in DC are going to do. = 90% of the congress-critters appear to be IDIOTS.

DRAINING THE SWAMP is still my goal.

yours, satx

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It's death by 1000 cuts for the 2nd if we are not careful.

Government can't handle enforcing the laws they do have on the books. How about starting there, hmmm?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    How to bump fire:

Hook thumb of foreign hand in belt loop with trigger finger firm and grip loosely around pistol grip.

Use nonfiring hand to pull rifle forward so that trigger finger presses trigger. Allow firearm to recoil so trigger resets while keeping enough forward pressure with no firing hand to pull rifle forward after recoil and start the cycle again.
    Wait...what if both of my hands are domestically produced?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Just remember that the NRA supported the ban on Machine Guns:

The Decades-Old Gun Ban That's Still On The Books
    http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...-decades-old-gun-ban-thats-still-on-the-books
    ".......But one gun ban has stayed on the books: a measure Congress passed a quarter-century ago making it illegal for civilians to buy or sell any machine gun made from that date forward. That legislation passed with the blessing of the National Rifle Association......"

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    BobK,

Frankly, I wouldn't much care IF the MGs that are C&R could be lawfully imported for collections.

Fwiw, I know where there are four brass-mounted Model of 1903 MAXIM water-cooled guns are for sale in Latin America, with all "the goodies", at about 1,000.ooUSD each.

NOBODY is going to rob a liquor store, commit a murder and/or rip-off a bank with a 150+ pound water-cooled heavy MG, that's over 100 years old. = Not allowing the importation/preservation/display of such an antique by a C&R licensee is, in one word: STUPID.
    (IF I could import the MG, I would enjoy it for my lifetime & thereafter give it by will to the US Army MP Museum at Ft Leonard Wood, MO for display.)

just my opinion, satx

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    Hate to tell you...Trump is already talking about "gun legislation".
    TALKING is one thing but signing off on a law is another. Besides, the cagey way he plays the language, "gun legislation" to HIM could mean universal reciprocity of CHLs or something equally unpalatable to the gun-grabbers. <crossing fingers>

Top Bottom