• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Lol I've always wanted to go just to see it but I feel like I'd get accused of spying if I take pics of the wrong things, and sentenced to hard labor in a gulag.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Despite some of the shitty places I go to, I always enjoy traveling. I think it's good for the soul...
    I dunno man... I just got back from Tulsa. The hotel was playing Madonna non-stop in the common areas because she just did a concert there, and they consider bologna to be BBQ. It was pretty terrible.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I dunno man... I just got back from Tulsa. The hotel was playing Madonna non-stop in the common areas because she just did a concert there, and they consider bologna to be BBQ. It was pretty terrible.

Was there in 2007 during Tulsarama when 'Miss Belvedere'--a desert gold and sand dune white two-tone 1957 Plymouth Belvedere sport coupe--was unearthed after 50 years. It had been put in a concrete enclosure built to withstand a nuclear attack but unfortunately it was not airtight and allowed water to leak in, which caused significant damage to the vehicle. It was found sitting in nearly 2,000 gallons of standing water four feet high! Evidence showed at one point nearly the entire car was under water...not good! :(

While it was a fun place to visit (we also went to Woolaroc Ranch which was nice and had a large gun collection on display, to include a section of Colts), I don't think I could spend more than a week in Tulsa at most!

Cheers! M2

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    There's some world class restaurants in Tulsa, or used to be. I was there about 10 years ago during the era of high priced oil. My company did not blink in reimbursing $700 dinners for a group of three or four.

The big hotel near the Citgo headquarters was hurting since Citgo was leaving.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

Tulsa has some good restaurants. I spent about 6 weeks there on a client a decade or so back.

Your next visit to a Muslim country should be Saudi Arabia. Very clean. ;) Welcome home.

Very clean. I went to a pretty fun consulate party the marines threw in Al Khobar. I was paranoid going back to the hotel with alcohol breath though. I remember the causeway over to Bahrain was packed every weekend with people going to get some drinks.

Good to see, but I wouldn't move my family there even on the various oil company compounds.

Top Bottom