• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    AR's are so saturated in the market, that I don't predict a huge panic going on with those immediately. Unless we do get a Dem in. Then prices will just go up on everything.

Less produced "larger capacity" items and their mags I believe will be first to go up in a panic. Basically things that are sort of rare now already. Imported guns will go up the most.

Ammo will be first to clear the shelves this time around. If that is.
    Guns International

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    There's no panic right now, but the swindlers that love to raise prices and create false scarcity are just hoping to God a democrat get's elected president. Then they can have their 100 and 200% margins back on firearms. I'll be buying a lot of .22LR in the coming year because it's what I like to shoot most.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I see little if any panic buying until after the election. That said if Trump loses then its still weeks before the winner is sworn in and then there will be a lag until any action is taken at the POTUS level and then Congress. I would call it at 90 days after we know the winner is the window to panic buy after that it may be too late.

And DON'T forget AMMO!

If a Dim gets in I actually think they will go down the Cigarette path. When I smoked Camel non-filters they were a dime a pack, then a quarter, then .50 cents, today they run as much as $6 buck a pack. Why? The states and Feds figured out that could tax and make money and it worked so good they continue to tax more and more while checking the box that says smoking is bad for your health. If you think they give a damn about your health you are stupid.

They know they will never confiscate and all it will do is bring on a LOT of WACO's. So they will tax guns n ammo and like smokes every year they will raise the taxes! Same as smokes, if you think the Govt gives a damn about people killing each other...Chicago, Baltimore, San Fran, Detroit, and the list goes on and on.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I don't see any signs of early panic buying. AK prices have been steadily climbing for years now and it's nothing political (other than Russian sanctions). Other things such as ammo are increasing with the price of everything else (minus gas, which seems to have a mind of its own!).

As a survivor of the 2008 panic, I don't see any indicators from those dark days now. We went to SAXET last month and not only was there no line to get in, the crowd itself was smaller than usual. Of course, gun show prices are never an indicator of actual gun values; but nothing seemed ridiculously out of the ordinary.

Of course, I still have stockpiles of weapons and ammo that I've accumulated over the years, and it's enough to get me through any future panics if they even happen. I've learned my lesson and won't get fooled again, to quote the world's greatest rock band!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Old Cowboy is once again, spot on.

If you think you've that you've got all you need before (and if) outlandish taxing and panic sets in...fine, glad you're all set, but if you think you're even slightly less than adequate in your inventory of things that go boom - get em and get em NOW as there's plenty to be had at reasonable cost!

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I have what I think I "need" now. But can never have enough ammo so I am slowly accumulating more on a consistent basis. What I want is a different story......Oh Lord......

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Call me a cynic. As we get closer to November 2020, if it looks like Trump will be re-elected, I won’t be at all surprised if there is another mass shooting in an attempt to turn the election blue.

I know it sounds horrible, but there are people sick and demented enough to do just that.

Top Bottom