Join TexasGunTalk

Pasadena funshow - June 14/15

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by Trueno, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Trueno

Trueno Active Member

May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    Went on Saturday, wasn't exactly what I'd call the mob of buyers that've been showin' up lately at shows but the vendors had plenty of goodies as usual. I scored some used brass of various calibers and a few loose boxes of russian ammo for my AK's. Hunted the tables for some parts for my Star 9mm, didn't expect to find anything (and didn't) but lookin's half the fun.

Saw the usual SKS's walkin' around, one was a Yugo, fella wanted 150 cash, nice shape and hadn't been bubba'd.

t

2. CZ guy

CZ guy Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Sorry I missed that one but I had previous engagements that I couldn't wiggle out of. Let's keep posting about the upcoming Houston area shows and maybe some of us can get together early and have a meal, tell lies and get to know each other.

Making friends is good... you never know when one of us might need help carrying a bunch of ammo to the car.

3. Trueno

Trueno Active Member

May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle

Funny, but around 4pm I took a smoke break out front...a buddy and me watched a dude truck 3 cases of ammo out to the lot. One large Euro style wood case and two cardboard cases.

Not 2 minutes later, here comes another with 4 cases of 223 stacked in his arms, bet he was tired by the time he got to his vehicle!

t

4. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I got a GSG optic mount and 2 ammo cans, spent $36 total.

Didn't see as much goodies at this one as normal.

5. Trueno

Trueno Active Member

May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    I just didn't see the amount of customers as a month ago. Seein' as Clinton was still in the running at that time, maybe it was the hype bein' broadcast daily that brought out the "panic buying" back then.

Did see a M38 (dated 1943) sell for 130, wasn't that a lil on the high side? Thought most of those went for maybe 80-100(?)

t

6. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I would attribute it more (probably) to Father's Day weekend.

7. Trueno

Trueno Active Member

May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    Good point, didn't cross my mind, no kids here, just a few ungrateful cats :D

t

8. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    LOL, same here, one fat lazy cat.

9. Trueno

Trueno Active Member

May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle

x23uj4.jpg

"Mona" has no scruples, reminds me of a few ex-gfs.

t

10. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I missed the show as well. Guess I'll have to wait for the July (12th/13th or 26th/27th) shows.