pawn shops

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by cbigclarke, Apr 18, 2009.

1. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    its getting a little old stopping at every pawn shop i come across. where should i go to find a decent deal or someone with more than a inventory of 2

2. ebk06

ebk06 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    If your looking for a gun than I'd suggest a gun shop. Pawn shops are always hit and miss for......well anything I imagine. No pawn shop can guess how many gun owners will need quick cash and pawn their guns.

3. Charley

Charley Active Member

Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I've bought quite a few guns from pawnshops over the years. Treasure is where you find it.
    Give the panic buyers about 6 months to a year to settle down, and you will find plenty of deals in pawn shops.

4. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

I think you're right to a point. I think though, in the cross section of panic buyers, there's a limited % that would hock anything at a pawn shop. There will be plenty of others that aren't in that situation of needing fast cash and don't mind losing their shirt. We'll see them turn up across the board and I think gun shops will get a pretty big number of them.

We'll see. It'll be cool to take advantage of it. :devil:

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Member

Nov 2, 2008
    I just got a sweet Benelli Nova 12 ga for $200 at my favorite pawn shop. :happy0001:

6. Paulie Boy

Paulie Boy New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Near Victoria
    I grab a thrifty nickle to see who's selling what. I also like Academy. I know alot of people who cant stand going to Academy for different reasons. I could care less about the snot nosed wanna be know it all, behind the counter. "Just gimme what I ask for and put some friggin duct tape over little "Brad's" mouth cause he's starting to piss me off" There is a really good gunshop in El Campo called R&M that I have bought a few weapons from. Great deals from those guys.

7. Skip

Skip TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::happy0001:

8. txjustin

txjustin New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Rosenberg
    Good people over at R&M with good prices. My friend's dad owns the place...:tongueout:

9. ml1209

ml1209 Active Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I bought two Mossberg 590s for $200 each at separate pawn shops in Houston. Both in excellent condition.

10. Is that the place next to El Campo Cycle Center on 59? The "R&M" sounds familiar.

Thanks