• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    I have a Pedersoli Mortimer 12 gauge shotgun I would like to sell. It is a handsome gun, lively in the hands with a nicely browned barrel, nominally a 12-gauge. The lock is very fast and sure.
    There is just one issue, which is cosmetic but does not affect performance. The lock comes from the factory fitted with a sliding safety behind the hammer. When I bought the gun used, I noticed the safety was loose and floppy -- not a big concern as I planned to ignore it. I finally got to the range with it and shot a few rounds of patched .690 round ball just to get familiar with it and when I got home and started to clean it, that safety tab had simply fallen out. I went back to the range and searched quite a while in a grid pattern and could find no trace of it. So the Mortimer shoots fine; it just has a space on the lock plate where that safety once fitted. I am sure the part is available from Pedersoli. My muzzleloading interests have changed and I just don't need the Mortimer.
    I would sell the Mortimer along with a pack of 12 English flints from Track plus bags of overpowder card wads, fiber cushion wads and overshot card wads and a couple of dozen of the .690 round balls for $875 shipped -- the gun in one box and the components in a separate one. $800 if FTF within 100 miles of Sweetwater.
    Dixie has these new for about $1,900.

Capitol Armory ad

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom