• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Then I don't know a better way to explain it right now. How about Jefferson?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground."
    Liberty is not yielding when you consent to a search.

When people call the police and say "I think a burglar may be in my house, come help!" Are they giving up their liberty? When the police find an open door while you are on vacation and over the phone you tell them to make sure no one is in their house....Did you give up your liberty?

Only when you are deprived of a right is liberty assailed.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Liberty is not yielding when you consent to a search.

When people call the police and say "I think a burglar may be in my house, come help!" Are they giving up their liberty? When the police find an open door while you are on vacation and over the phone you tell them to make sure no one is in their house....Did you give up your liberty?

Only when you are deprived of a right is liberty assailed.

Both your examples are outside the scope of what we were talking about. Perhaps I made too broad a statement and should have narrowed it down to "Some consent searches". Such as the ones conducted today, for we all know, the people whose homes were searched didn't really have a lot of choice. Not with the level of adrenalin fueled firepower scouring the earth to find the cop killer standing outside.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And Sage, if that is shown to have happened it should be addressed.

As to your former point, you don't have to have LE experience to question, but to say they are doing it wrong when you have zero training or experience doing what they do seems a bit...overzealous on your part. Your ability to question/critique has nothing to do with whether you do/do not pay their salary. Not sure how you injected that or why.

I didn't make a mob rule arguement. I said based on the temperment of the people that were in front of the cameras (which I think is representative of the citizenry of the area) they did not appear to be that of an oppressed, violated people. I suppose time will tell if that is/is not the case.

And like I said, given the scale of this, I don't see how someone didn't get their toes stepped on.

This was posted by someone who says they were there. Is it true? What reason did they have to lie? I don't know. But it has a ring of truth to it.

"They have been pulling people out of their homes and treating them like criminals leading them out of the house with guns pointed on them."

State police: "JUSTIN.....JUSTIN.....PLEASE COME TO THE FRONT DOOR. STATE POLICE...JUSTIN....JUSTIN....PLEASE COME TO THE FRONT DOOR."

Me: (Like an asshole, thinking that the God mic they're on can some how hear me from inside the house) "Oh, just a second, let me put a hat on."

Came out and put my hands on the SWAT truck and a team of about 50 or 60 police and swat team members ushered me out and away from my house and down the street.

"Let me tell you that TRAINED snipers with their cross-hairs focused on you while they bring you out of your house is enough to make you LITERALLY sh*t your pants."

FWIW, the salary thing is absolutely relevant in the same way my employer signs my paychecks, and our customers sign his.

So, what exigent circumstances can you possibly see that would explain what the BPD did today?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    And like I said, given the scale of this, I don't see how someone didn't get their toes stepped on.

This was posted by someone who says they were there. Is it true? What reason did they have to lie? I don't know. But it has a ring of truth to it.

"They have been pulling people out of their homes and treating them like criminals leading them out of the house with guns pointed on them."

State police: "JUSTIN.....JUSTIN.....PLEASE COME TO THE FRONT DOOR. STATE POLICE...JUSTIN....JUSTIN....PLEASE COME TO THE FRONT DOOR."

Me: (Like an asshole, thinking that the God mic they're on can some how hear me from inside the house) "Oh, just a second, let me put a hat on."

Came out and put my hands on the SWAT truck and a team of about 50 or 60 police and swat team members ushered me out and away from my house and down the street.

"Let me tell you that TRAINED snipers with their cross-hairs focused on you while they bring you out of your house is enough to make you LITERALLY sh*t your pants."

FWIW, the salary thing is absolutely relevant in the same way my employer signs my paychecks, and our customers sign his.

So, what exigent circumstances can you possibly see that would explain what the BPD did today?
    I dont have remotely enough facts to begin to analyze what was done today by police there. Nor do you or all the armchair/moday morning QBs who are chiming in. I know people on this board that have a talent for dramatizing encounters, so I guess much of it is perspective.

FWIW...you don't pay BPD salary, but I still believe that you have a right to question their actions. That was my point. Who pays has nothing to do with who can question.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I dont have remotely enough facts to begin to analyze what was done today by police there. Nor do you or all the armchair/moday morning QBs who are chiming in. I know people on this board that have a talent for dramatizing encounters, so I guess much of it is perspective.

FWIW...you don't pay BPD salary, but I still believe that you have a right to question their actions. That was my point. Who pays has nothing to do with who can question.

O RLY? I guarantee they get federal funds. ;)

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    O RLY? I guarantee they get federal funds. ;)
    Whether or not they do has nothing to do with your right to question them. How do you not get that?
    Even if not one red cent of your money goes to pay some northern cops salary....you still get to hold him accountable. Who pays his salary has ZERO to do with being able to question his actions.
    The "I pay your salary" argument holds no water. Hasn't for decades. Its the alarm of someone whose position has collapsed and in desperation they toss out the last known chance of maintaining some decorum in a disccusion with a public worker.
    They need to follow the rules regardless of who pays the salary....and it bears no resemblence to a mechanic's shop where ONE individual receives services directly and is directly paid for them.

Before you guys go off half cocked on some internet rant about how we live in a police state. Do you ever stop and think? Hmmm....maybe there is information I am not aware of? Maybe, since I bash the mainstream media all the time, I should know that I am not getting ALL the facts/All the correct facts?
    The "if they show up at my door without a warrant, there are gonna be more casualties" crowd has done more to damage the 2nd amendment cause than it ever will to further it. And it just gives tons of ammo to the left to use against us.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom