San Antonio
    Dog 025 - Copy.jpg

My Border Collie

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    This is my buddy Beaux, basically the closest thing my wife and I have to a child. Awesome dog, can't wait till he's out of his puppy stage. First Wiemariner we've had and he's awesome.
    a693489b-8707-3698.jpg

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    OK here is a better picture of my bone headed sissy of a coon hound.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337116911465.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1337116911465.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 174

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Here's my Jake, the Toy Fox Terrier. He's two years old and can talk. Yes....that's right, he can talk!

Jake rings a small cow bell when he wants to go outside in our fenced back yard. I hang the bell from a string and he flips it until it rings.

When Jake wants something, he will stare at me right in the eyes and not look away. Finally I realize that he wants something so I ask him questions. He stays motionless until I ask the RIGHT question, then he jumps around. The boy is scary smart!

Jake likes to be tucked in at bedtime. He'll come to get me from my room, he hops up in his chair, I'll pet him and tell him that he's a good boy then say goodnight. He likes that so much that he'll repeat the process several times before he's finally ready to sack out. One tucking in should be enough but since we both enjoy it, we're working on it a little.....but not much.

Jake eats like a cat. He just nibbles when he's hungry then leaves the food alone. I fill up his bowl and he just eats a bit when he feels like it. He also licks his fur and grooms himself like a cat.

He never barks unless someone is coming close to the house and his Radar ears somehow identify the neighbors and the UPS driver as they approach and he doesn't bark at them.

I've never seen a dog like Jake.

He's my little man.

Flash

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    We had a little terrier for a while showed up at the house with two pit bulls. The pits had collars with a phone number the little Guy didn't, when the owner got there I tried to hand her the little Guy and she said no petted him on the head and said he wasn't hers. We never found an owner so we kept him. He lost the use of the back half and had to be put down around 3 years latter. He was an awesome dog.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Thanks. He was a little thin in that pic. He goes to the vet this month. Interested to see what he weighs now.

And idk about eating Jake, but he may lick him to death. Lol.

a6937315-e001-85bc.jpg

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Ok, I'll play... Our two Dogo Argentino's... No, they're not pits nor do they have any pit in them. I don't have anything against pits, I just wanted to point it out. These were bred to hunt wild hogs and mountain lions and have 10 breeds in them to complete the final Dogo breed. (Great Pyrenees, Irish Wolfhound, Pointer, Great Dane, Dogue de Bordeaux, Boxer, Spanish Mastiff, Bulldog, Bull Terrier and a now extinct mastiff-type Dog of Cordoba)

They're 4 months in these pictures...
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/477589_3487757147634_1082583295_33406837_902345591_o.jpg
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...91678472_1082583295_33432032_1359397087_o.jpg

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Man I want another dog. lady at my marina is trying to get me to take a Beagle pup from her, but I cant see having a dog on a houseboat.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Dogos are badass dogs. An old friend had a couple that he pig hunted with and a couple of curs (black mouth I think but I can't remember) I loved watching those dogs hunt so smooth and silent. And all business in the field, but at the house they would play with his little girl so gently. On a hunt you could get no reaction when you pet them, at home they would bounce like a tennis ball. They would even keep her in the house if the door was left open. She was about a year old at the time and she would poke eyes and pull skin trying to stand but they could care less, they both loved that little girl like she was their pup. And all the while they LOVED to hunt pigs. That one you've got there is a damn fine looking dog.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Dogos are badass dogs. An old friend had a couple that he pig hunted with and a couple of curs (black mouth I think but I can't remember) I loved watching those dogs hunt so smooth and silent. And all business in the field, but at the house they would play with his little girl so gently. On a hunt you could get no reaction when you pet them, at home they would bounce like a tennis ball. They would even keep her in the house if the door was left open. She was about a year old at the time and she would poke eyes and pull skin trying to stand but they could care less, they both loved that little girl like she was their pup. And all the while they LOVED to hunt pigs. That one you've got there is a damn fine looking dog.

Thank you sir for the comment. Yes, and that is why we chose this breed. No matter how big they get or how intimidating they looked, when it came down to working and getting down to business out in the field, they're focused and do not stop. They don't feel pain and have no thoughts of quiting. Yet, when you get them home around the family, they're very docile and it's amazing how they know how gentle to be with kids and even new born babies. We have yet to see either one of them get mad or be threatening, although when they play with each other, I'd like to think most people would probably think they were fighting. They're just playing, but one of them always ends up causing the other one to bleed.

This is the video we saw that sold us on the breed. We were first looking at German Shepards, but then ran into the Dogos and never looked back.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    They are awesome dogs. A gamewarden once threatened to shoot one of his because it was growling at him. My friend explained things something along the line of if he shot that dog he'd have to shot him to. They truly were like family.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Yea, I honestly can say that I have never been close to a dog like I have been with these two. They really are like family. They protect me as I will do the same for them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom