• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I got some room freed up in my picture file and think you'll like this one................

Shooter: Flash
    Position Prone with sling
    Rifle: Colt AR-15 20" Hbar
    Sights: Iron A2
    Distance: 600 yards.

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    at bullet hole
    me1.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hey Ben, good to hear from ya, we were just wondering where you had been!
    Drove to Gunnison, Colorado to attend a Zins/Moody bullseye clinic. There's a reason Zins is the 10 (wait...11) time National Champion. My head is so stuffed with "Why didn't I think of that before? That's so simple!" stuff that I figure it'll take me a year of training and two of competition before I internalize it all.

Note: I'm now looking for a 1911 'smith who won't look at me funny when I ask for a "roll trigger." If I don't find one, I'll probably wind up putting off a major purchase for about a year...but I'd rather not. Recommendations would be welcome.

Luckily, I was in Gunnison between tourist seasons. The summer tourists who hike, fish, and ride the river were long gone. The winter tourists who ski wouldn't arrive until after some snowfall so it was pretty easy to get a feel for the place. I liked it a lot. Good food, nice people, and lots of folks completely baked on the ganga at all times. Seriously, half the people I gave money to (retail clerks, etc.) were clearly being interrupted in the middle of a "smoke break". I even heard a couple of folks older than me in the local washateria talking about their crops...and I don't mean beans. No wonder Colorado has a marijuana decriminalization (or is it legalization?) measure on their ballot this election.

Trivia - They have the fourth smallest Walmart in existence. Ever been to a Walmart with just *4* checkout lanes? I have. Frankly, it was weird. The local family-owned grocery was bigger and better by every measure.

With nothing else to do and since, in reality, there's no *good* way to drive from southeast Colorado to Houston, I decided to just wander for a while. I drove around looking at pretty scenery and tricking my Gran Marquis into showing average mileage calculations of 99.9 miles per gallon; when you're descending out of the Rockies and the next 10 miles are all downhill, screwing with the mind of your car's computer is fun. :-)

I was really surprised to see a bobcat, a bear, and a whole bunch of pronghorn while driving around on county roads in Colorado and New Mexico. I wasn't surprised to see several coyotes smeared over the road.

Eventually I wound up in Raton, went out to the Whittington Center and spent way too much time there. I swear I could move there just for the reference library at the Center if it weren't for the fact that Raton, itself, is such a miserable little place. There's not a decent restaurant in the whole town.

In short, I spent a while on the road until a family illness called me home.

Hope to see you guys on Saturday; I need to do some outside training. I'll bring my Britarms
    Britarms2000.jpg

in case anyone wants to play with it.

Side note: I'm thinking of getting one of these:
    OPApistol.jpg

Anybody had any experience with them?

Top Bottom