• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    That applies while being within an official capacity. When working for the government I couldn't promote or campaign or even wear a campaign button at work or on TDY, but outside of that, it was my own business. (Hatch Act)
    I work in local government (and formerly state), and that's about how it was. Unless you're an elected official or their direct staff, you don't do anything political that is at all associated with work (and even if you are one of those exceptions, you have to be very careful about not misusing government resources for anything that might look like campaign activity).

For us rank and file fools low on the totem pole, we don't do or say anything promoting politics around the office that might be heard outside of our immediate circle of coworkers. Officially they won't do anything to you for it as long as you don't wear anything identifying yourself as an agency employee or say anything about that in relation to your potlicial speech.
    Venture Surplus ad

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    200.gif

Attachments

• 200.gif
      200.gif
      1.4 MB · Views: 408

roadapple

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Claude, Texas
    I have family there. For those that don't know where Sweetwater is: It is located ~ 35 miles west of Abilene. That area is home to two types of snakes; the Western Diamondback Rattlesnake, and the West Texas lefttard. Sweetwater has the world's largest rattlesnake roundup every year, at this time. It should be happening right now. I have always hoped that they would start annual lefttard roundup, and it would catch on across the country. There could be a competition over which roundup catches the most.

roadapple

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Claude, Texas
    Sad. Some of the best quail hunting in Texas. Drive up to Roby and get some.
    Yep. I'm originally from Roby. I used to quail hunt all over Fisher County when I was a kid. I went back there in 1995, to visit my Dad and brothers. While I was there; I asked several of the people that gave me permission to hunt on their lands, when I was a kid, if I could go out to their places again. They told me that I do not have permission any longer. They told me that there were several celebrities (T.V., movies, Country Music, etc), that hunt quail there, and they paid the farmers very well to keep anyone else from hunting there: To keep it reserved for these celebrities only. At first I thought that someone left a gate open, or shot up some of their equipment; and I asked if I had messed something up back then. They all told me that they had no problem with me; that I always left their places as I found them, and never caused them any loss. They told me that their pasture land(s) were reserved for these celebrities and that I could not even start to match the money they got from any of the celebrities. I found out a bit latter that one or more of these "celebrities" had shot holes in their water tanks, left the gates open, and actually shot one of his cows and left it there. I guess money supersedes trust.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yep. I'm originally from Roby. I used to quail hunt all over Fisher County when I was a kid. I went back there in 1995, to visit my Dad and brothers. While I was there; I asked several of the people that gave me permission to hunt on their lands, when I was a kid, if I could go out to their places again. They told me that I do not have permission any longer. They told me that there were several celebrities (T.V., movies, Country Music, etc), that hunt quail there, and they paid the farmers very well to keep anyone else from hunting there: To keep it reserved for these celebrities only. At first I thought that someone left a gate open, or shot up some of their equipment; and I asked if I had messed something up back then. They all told me that they had no problem with me; that I always left their places as I found them, and never caused them any loss. They told me that their pasture land(s) were reserved for these celebrities and that I could not even start to match the money they got from any of the celebrities. I found out a bit latter that one or more of these "celebrities" had shot holes in their water tanks, left the gates open, and actually shot one of his cows and left it there. I guess money supersedes trust.
    Wow. You know the Caves? Jim Bob Cave was a great friend of my Father in Law. His son was a student of my FIL's in dental school.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    "I was really mad at Republicans for voting against health care since my options today are die or go into debt to see the doctor,”

If those are her options she should be mad at Obama, Pelosi and the Democrats, who are responsible for the current system for the past 10 years. Not a SINGLE Republican voted for the current healthcare system.

Talk2Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    There has to be some context to her comment. Even drunk, most people don't just blurt out their secret thoughts. Or do they?

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Damn that's a long thread for somebody making a stupid comment. I dont give a shit if she wishes I'd die, don't really care about any of her opinions or most people's for that matter.

We've got to stop being so touchy and we need to stop this silly ass "cancel culture' bullshit. Leave the woman alone, she's got enough problems just being her and living her sad little life.

Wishing people would die is not a thing, helping them along falls in the gray area.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom