• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Every email I have sent John Cornyn has been responded to with an auto response form letter. If he was up for re-election this fall he might be less willing to throw us all under the bus but ya'll know how it goes.

1655330655862.png

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Cornyn’s arch nemesis don’t seem to know her widgets from whangdoodles.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) suggested Monday that looking into juvenile criminal background records as part of a background check before a person can purchase a firearm could be racist.

The same people that want to disarm us want to defund the police....

U.S. Senate gun bill talks hit snag over mental illness, abuse provisions​

TexasFire316

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Houston
    Senator John Cornyn is negotiating with the democrats on gun control right now. I sent him a message through his website Cornyn's Contact Page urging him not to cave to the democrats on gun control. The democrats create a crisis with woke ideas and soft on crime policies and then move in on our guns making us vulnerable to the very criminals that they refuse to prosecute. Please take a moment to let him know that he will lose your vote if he caves.
    How about that old Trump adage...

You're fired!!!!

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Senator Cornyn is explaining his support with tax dollars to states with red flag laws on this Fox & Friends interview 6/14/2022. He says there is no national red flag law and that major funding would be to states with existing red flag laws. Care to bet how many states might be bribed by tax dollars to enact new/enhance red flag laws.

And he says that payment would be based on either a rigorous or rebust due process in various interviews that I have heard/read. I don't believe one can have any sort of due process as the laws are written.

Besides all this red flag laws business has already been ruled unconstitutional in 2021 by a 9-0 Supreme Court decision I referenced in another post on this topic.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Red and Yellow Flag Laws deny a person of due process. LE, or family member submits a claim to the court that they think you are a danger, to yourself or others, and a judge signs an order to have your firearms removed.

Very similar to how they got many people in the past committed as being incompetent or mentally unstable to acquire control of their assets and property. They have since passed laws that make it much harder to have someone declared mentally incompetent.

I see them as backdoors around due process. That a person has to prove that they are innocent, rather than proving they are guilty.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Interesting interview here. I really can't be upset about opening up a minor's arrest record as part of a background check. Didn't 2 girls kill an Uber driver during a car jacking recently? Right now a background check would allow them to buy a gun to make it easy to kill someone else. Not everyone should be able to buy a gun.
    Dana does a good interview here.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    and the reply....

Dear Alan:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms policy. I appreciate your comments on this important matter.

On May 24, 2022, a gunman maliciously took the lives of 21 innocent people, including 19 children at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones. As you know, this is an incredibly difficult time for the Uvalde community, Texas, and our Nation. We are committed to coordinating with federal, state, and local officials to assist the Uvalde community as they navigate the aftermath of this tragedy.

Students and teachers deserve to feel safe inside of their schools, and parents deserve peace of mind when they send their children to school. To that end, my Senate colleagues and I have engaged in bipartisan discussions to draft mental health and school safety legislation to identify and prevent violence in our communities. It is imperative for Congress to improve the availability and accessibility of mental health services across the country, particularly within our schools, to address the root causes of mass violence. In addition, school safety measures must be bolstered to ensure schools have effective violence prevention mechanisms in place.

To be clear, we are not talking about restricting or limiting the rights of current law-abiding gun owners. We need targeted reforms to ensure existing laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who have been adjudicated as mentally ill. The Constitution guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, and I strongly oppose any effort to infringe on that right.

As this legislation begins to take shape, my goal is to reach an agreement that can earn broad bipartisan support. In the wake of the 2017 Sutherland Springs shooting, we learned that the existing background check system-the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)-did not identify that the shooter was prohibited from purchasing and possessing a firearm under federal law. As a result, I reached across the aisle and worked with my Republican colleagues to pass the bipartisan Fix NICS Act (S. 2135; 115th Congress), which was signed into law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 (P. L. 115-141). This law improves the uploading of records from local, state, and federal agencies to better identify those who are already disqualified under current law from purchasing a firearm. States and federal agencies have uploaded more than eleven million records since the bill's passage. I'm convinced that this legislation has saved lives.

Like you, I am outraged by mass shootings and the violence inflicted upon our communities. As your Senator, I am committed to focusing on the root causes of mass violence, improving the enforcement of current law, and addressing improvements to mental health care in America. I will continue to push for effective solutions that protect communities while preserving the protections and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent Texas in the United States Senate. I recognize we may have differing opinions on this important matter, but I hope you will continue to share your views with me. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Tel: (202) 224-2934
    Fax: (202) 228-2856
    http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I got one of those, too. Here's my reply:

Dear John, (since you seem to feel we are on a first name basis)

Nobody who supports "red flag" laws can honestly say they support any of the protections we are guaranteed under the Bill of Rights. You, sir, are a liar. In a "red flag" situation, you are accused with no evidence needed. A secret legal proceeding, which you are neither notified of, allowed to participate in, or represented in any way at takes place, where a judge decides - based solely on the accusation - whether your personal property should be confiscated. The first you are aware of any of this is when the police either knock on your door or (more likely) launch a dangerous "no-knock" raid to confiscate your firearms, placing not only your safety but that of your family in jeopardy. It is at this point where supporters of these laws proudly proclaim that the target of this witch hunt can "petition to have their rights restored", at their expense. THIS IS NOT HOW THE LEGAL SYSTEM IN THIS NATION WORKS, John.

Add to this your farcical claim that you " will continue to push for effective solutions that protect communities while preserving the protections and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution " and your lies become even more offensive. You cannot both agree to move forward with gun control legislation and claim to be protecting our rights. The two are mutually exclusive. You have guaranteed that not only will I never support you in a primary, but I will work dilligently to replace you with an actual conservative Republican as one of the two Senators from Texas. This is not the first time you have engaged in this sort of dishonestly, but I will work hard to ensure it is the last.

You, John, are unfit for office. You have proven it repeatedly, and the people of Texas are tired of your lies. No, I am under no delusions that you'll ever set eyes on a single word I've typed here, but to whatever staffer is tasked with reading this correspondence I suggest you find a different senator to work for - John will not be in office much longer.

Sincerely,

(General Zod)

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Of course, it helped that the 10 Republican signers-on aren’t running for reelection this year. In fact, four are retiring. So, they won’t be facing gun-worshiping voters in November and could listen to the rest of us.

Good old Rhinos.....sure that Romney is on the list, McCain would be on it to.

Shame I voted for Romney, McCain and Cornyn.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I was right with the names of who would pull this.
    Expected to see that hag, Murkowski, on there. I guess she has a primary challenger?

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    “I'm not frustrated, I'm done," he added, though he said he was open to continued discussions...John Cornyn.

Keep the pressure up!

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    We don't need to send any messages to this piece of crap. He doesn't care. We need to send messages to the GOA and TSRA to get a candidate ready to primary Cornyn out of a job - one that can win the primary without GOP backing, because they won't turn their back on an incumbent even if the voters will.
    I mostly agree, but wonder if the pressure points should be Texas GOP and RNC?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I mostly agree, but wonder if the pressure points should be Texas GOP and RNC?
    Texas Republicans are having their convention this week, and Cornyn is scheduled to speak. Let's see if the TXGOP has the cojones to disavow Cornhole and his RINO ways....

Top Bottom